7 replies to this topic

#1 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 12:45 PM

Following up Win's postabout how to get hold of the 'Je suis le roi' materials on line here is the list of all the Conference papers. Lots of interest here.

2002 CONFERENCE HANDOUTS
http://www.tasc.ac.u...ence papers.htm

In response to popular demand, here are the handouts from several of the workshops presented at the 2002 SHP Conference. They include lots of lesson materials, cardsorts, role-plays (with scripts) and other lesson ideas, as well as Michael Warboys' important talk on 19th Century Public Health.

Dale Banham: Cunning planning at Key Stage Three

Ian Dawson: Active Medicine

Ian Dawson: Explaining why the Armada failed

Ian Dawson: Role-play on effects of Norman Conquest

Charlotte Evers: opportuntities for Spiritual, Moral, Social & Cultural development through History

Jerome Freeman (QCA) Continuing to Raise Standards in History

Tim Lomas: Better ways to Measure what we do in History

Ian Luff: Using Speaking & Listening effectively and with Rigour

Rob Martin: Material for Simulations on Queen Elizabeth and Mary Queen of Scots

Alun Morgan: Teaching and Learning using the Internet

Michael Riley: Witchcraft

Ben Walsh: Interpretations & ICT

Professor Michael Warboys: 19th Century Public Health Reform Reformed (a Powerpoint slide presentation)

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 01:15 PM

Not quite sure why - perhaps a sudden influx of visitors - but the SHP site is unavailable at the moment. Hope it works later. :angry:

Edited by Carole
Still not working (1.25pm), but it was OK when I made the original post so keep your fingers crossed :unsure:

Edited by Carole Faithorn, 03 January 2003 - 01:24 PM.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Win Bradley

Win Bradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 03:44 PM

SHP site seems to be fine now - !5.45 :)

#4 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 03:56 PM

Excellent - there is a great deal of useful material here. I would love to go to something like this - never had the chance. :upset:

Glad it is working again! :D :D

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#5 Win Bradley

Win Bradley

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 178 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:02 PM

Always excellent. You come away buzzing with ideas drom the workshops and the contact with other enthusiastic teachers. The problem is you can't go to all the workshops. It's brilliant that the papers are on line - I missed last years conference.

#6 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 03 January 2003 - 04:25 PM

Excellent - there is a great deal of useful material here.  I would love to go to something like this - never had the chance.  :upset:

You shall go to the ball, Cinderella (aka Andrew) :D

See theirConference and Inset page. As you'll see, the conference is in early July so that gives you plenty of time for you to convince your SMT that you should go.

People teaching 'Crime and Punishment' may be interested in:

March 19th, 2003 . Teaching "Crime & Punishment" -Chris Culpin & Ian Dawson (Present and past Directors of SHP). A one day course devoted to developing strategies for more effective teaching of this increasingly successful Development Study. To Be held at the GALLERIES OF JUSTICE MUSEUM, NOTTINGHAM
(APPLICATION FORMS for all these INSET sessions are also available from:

Anne, Bean, INSET office, Trinity & All Saints College, Horsforth, Leeds, LS18 5HD Tel: 0117 283 7290)

#7 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 04 January 2003 - 12:15 PM

Just to reinforce my earlier message about the SHP conference handouts...

I have now started to explore these more thoroughly. This idea from Ian Dawson (the man's a genius!) looks especially good.

Explaining why the Armada failed

People interested in Learning Styles (see this thread ) will be especially interested in its appeal for kinasthetic (sp?) learners.

Later:

People interested in following Ian Dawson's idea up may find this Channel 4 material on the Armada useful. Though there is, of course, masses of material about the Armada on the WWW including all the excellent material on Andrew's site

Edited by Carole Faithorn, 04 January 2003 - 01:53 PM.

#8 ANNAHC

ANNAHC

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 123 posts

Posted 17 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

hi the above link does not work anymore which i suppose is not surprising when you look at the date it was posted :) can anyone send me the final topic on the list the talk and power point about public health please?

many thanks

Anna

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users