6 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Higgins

Chris Higgins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 21 April 2003 - 11:43 PM

I'd like to jazz up my PowerPoints with a limited sprinkling of animated clip art. Does anyone know of any suitable sites or CD-ROMs?
“The end of all our adventuring is to find the place where we began and know it for the first time.”

#2 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 22 April 2003 - 12:22 AM

This is a bit like looking for a needle in a hay stack Chris :woo: There are zillions of sites with animated clip art out there. What topics/images are you interested in?

In the thread about History ClipArt Andrew Field mentions Animation Factory. Is that the sort of thing you're after?

You can download some animated ClipArt from Microsoft's Design Gallery Live. Select 'Motion' from the 'Results should be:' drop down menu. (assuming you use M$ B) ) I've just tried 'Teacher' in 'Academic' and 'Results should be:Motion' and got several quite good things. If you search for 'Web animations' 'Everywhere' you get 84+ pages of stuff :thumbup

If you have never used this before then you may not realise that if you click on one of the images (let's say a graph), then you can - for example - find all the animated bar charts or graphs etc.

Give it a whirl.

#3 Chris Higgins

Chris Higgins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 07:31 PM

Many thanks Carole. I've visited the site and have begun pilfering resources to spice up my PowerPoint presentations already.

Cheers. :thumbup

Chris

Talking of which, can we pilfer some of these 'emoticons' as well?
“The end of all our adventuring is to find the place where we began and know it for the first time.”

#4 Stephen Drew

Stephen Drew

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 09:17 PM

I often find that there are lots of good animated bits of clip art on different sites that would make good things for PowerPoints as well. However these are clearly not all grouped in one place. So you need to search for them using Google's image search in a clever way.

Decide what you want animated, let us say you want a pig.

Type "animated pig .gif" into the search bar of Google image search.

The third result is this little gem!

Posted Image

Obviously you can put in whatever you want to find. Not everything will work, but I have found this very effective in the past.

A good selection of animated .gifs can be found here as well.

And another set of good ones from Tripod can be found here.

And on the end of my post I shall put one of my favourites for PowerPoints on Medicine!

Posted Image

Always raises a smile from the kids. :woo:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

#5 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 10:01 PM

Brilliant tip, Stephen. Thanks :flowers:

[A good selection of animated .gifs can be found here as well.

..... especially the 'dancing semi-naked girl' eh? :woo:

#6 Shamrock

Shamrock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 149 posts

Posted 27 April 2003 - 11:06 PM

Thank you Stephen for the tips, just what I'm looking for to liven up a dull ppp.

#7 Chris Higgins

Chris Higgins

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 341 posts

Posted 29 April 2003 - 10:08 PM

Since posting this message, I've also got into jazzing up my PowerPoints with burps, blow outs and buzzing bees! Yesterday I found this great website with tons of free downloadable sounds. They're alphabetisized too, to make it easier to find that all too illusive ping, bing or ding dong!

http://www.a1freesoundeffects.com/

Happy editing!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users