4 replies to this topic

#1 Chris Garratt

Chris Garratt

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:24 AM

I'm quite embarrassed about this question but I need to know asap and my NQT is snowed in at home today!

I can get powerpoint slides to scroll through at intervals but can I get the whole slideshow to repeat itself and keep doing so until stopped? If so how?!!!

Cheers
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy. Spike Milligan

#2 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 10:41 AM

It does sometimes depend on the version of powerpoint but try this.

select Slideshow on the top menu bar

select Set up Show from the drop down menu

In Show options select Loop continuously until Esc

ensure that you have no custom animations that require a mouse click and the slide show should be ok to run on its own.
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#3 Chris Garratt

Chris Garratt

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 11:28 AM

It does sometimes depend on the version of powerpoint but try this.

select Slideshow on the top menu bar

select Set up Show from the drop down menu

In Show options select Loop continuously until Esc

ensure that you have no custom animations that require a mouse click and the slide show should be ok to run on its own.

Cheers Tony - much appreciated!

Now, the next question...I have a sound file embedded (a speech by MLK) but when the last slide shows and the Show 'loops' the speech goes back to beginning. Is there any way of the speech continuing whilst the show starts again or shall I simply copy the slides over and over again so it does not need to loop?

Cheers
All I ask for is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy. Spike Milligan

#4 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,303 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 12:47 PM

Now, the next question...I have a sound file embedded (a speech by MLK) but when the last slide shows and the Show 'loops' the speech goes back to beginning. Is there any way of the speech continuing whilst the show starts again or shall I simply copy the slides over and over again so it does not need to loop?

Cheers

I had a similar problem when i was doing the Music in history workshops at the SHP conference, I don't know to to fix it, but I: 1. played the sound clip in Windows media player seperately from the powerpoint, ie i set the sound going in media player, minimised it, then started the powerpoint, both set to repeat. This was ok so long as the lyrics did not have to match images.
2. I stopped using powerpoint and used movie maker, this was to get the precise image to match the precise lyrics. You can save each powerpoint slide as a JPEG image which can be imported into movie maker. this is the simplest example

I know neither solve your problem but they may be an alternative?
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#5 Chris Garratt

Chris Garratt

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 598 posts

Posted 05 February 2009 - 02:49 PM

Cheers Tony

Of course movie maker is the way!!!!!!!!!

However, I need it tomorrow for the "Options fair" (ugh) and intend to spend my after school hours playing in the snow with my son! So, I have just copied the slides and pasted them a few times. It is now a big file but as it is on the school network I care not a jot!

Many thanks again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users