107 replies to this topic

#1 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 03:05 PM

Dear Colleague,

This message is to remind you about the Schools History Project Conference being held at Leeds Trinity & All Saints next term Friday 3-Sunday 5 July.

I am delighted to inform you that Conference Bookings can now be made at the link below

http://web.leedstrin...oking/index.htm

Bookings are flooding in and I apologise if you have already booked your place, but if that is not the case then I look forward to receiving your booking as soon as possible to ensure that you are not disappointed.

Due to the growing demand for places at the Conference, payment should be received by Leeds Trinity & All Saints before the draft programme, workshop information and meal booking links can be forwarded to you. Please contact me if you forsee any problems with this.

Best wishes

Liz Cairns
CPD Administrator
Education and Partnership Office
Leeds Trinity & All Saints
Brownberrie Lane
Horsforth
Leeds
LS18 5HD

t: 0113 2837100 x379
f: 0113 2837216
e: e.cairns@leedstrinity.ac.uk
w: www.leedstrinity.ac.uk/shp
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#2 cj.ayres

cj.ayres

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 113 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 05:28 PM

Have the workshop/meals emails been sent out yet?

#3 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 06:56 PM

had an email from Liz yesterday...they are not available yet...think they are in draft stage!
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

#4 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 07:46 PM

Workshop leaders had until yesterday to check details of their offerings and amend them if required. I assume this means that the draft programme will become a publishable programme within the next 10 days or so. The draft programme looks pretty good!

#5 DAJ Belshaw

DAJ Belshaw

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,556 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 07:01 AM

Yep, I'm leading a session and am looking forward to it! This is mine - at the moment running it morning/afternoon on Saturday:

Raising achievement in History at KS4 using e-learning
This session will give an overview of various e-learning strategies that you can employ to raise the achievement of your GCSE students. We will explore the potential of a range of learning activities and assessment strategies using, amongst others, VoiceThread, Voki, Edmodo, and Google Docs. Whether you're an e-learning novice or know-it-all, you'll find something practical and useful to take away from this session!
Doug Belshaw, E-Learning Staff Tutor and Teacher of History and ICT at Ridgewood School, Doncaster

Doug :hehe:

Edited by DAJ Belshaw, 07 July 2009 - 08:51 PM.

#6 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 10:15 AM

Yep, I'm leading a session and am looking forward to it! This is mine - at the moment running it morning/afternoon on Saturday:

Raising achievement in History at KS4 using e-learning
Doug :hehe:

see you there, I too have missed the 'graveyard shift' of Sunday morning :)
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#7 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 24 May 2009 - 11:50 AM

Woo hoo...am going!!!

School's CPD budget is minimal for the year so have been advised to find another way of attending- my solution? Attack the Sixth Form Consortium's CPD budget which is hardly used due to people not knowing about it....

Am also going to be bringing with me a few PGCE students from UEA; Terry Haydn won't be there but his latest batch of recruits will be! Be nice to them...

;)
Its not who I am but what I do which defines me...

#8 Nichola Boughey

Nichola Boughey

Nichola

• Admin
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 09 June 2009 - 08:13 PM

Assuming my application is successful I too will be attending - was given permission today.

#9 Luke Mayhew

Luke Mayhew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 10:47 AM

Assuming my application is successful I too will be attending - was given permission today.

Somehow managed to convince them to let 2 of us come. Still unsure quite how i managed this....
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.

#10 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 02:39 PM

It'll be good to see you again Luke...I promise not to mention football and the fates of our teams though!!!

When are you going up? I've booked in for the Thursday night; I'd rather drive up after school and after the rush hour traffic then have to get up early Friday morning to drive up to Leeds for lunchtime and then have a long day and a long night at the bar!!!!
Its not who I am but what I do which defines me...

#11 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 957 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 04:57 PM

Going to be missing it this year, but I'm hopeful for 2010!!!

#12 JenniferJames

JenniferJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 10 June 2009 - 07:43 PM

Will know in 24 hours whether we're allowed to go. Big budget cuts this year :-(

#13 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 10 June 2009 - 09:49 PM

I have the Leavers' Ball that weekend so I will miss it too. Hopefully next year! :)

#14 Jackie Topham

Jackie Topham

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 11:23 AM

Sadly I won't be there as I will be in Normandy with 43 Year 10's !

#15 JenniferJames

JenniferJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 11 June 2009 - 05:24 PM

Only one of us can go, do I make it me, or my enthusiastic NQT?!
J

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users