• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#31 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 07:32 PM

This is sounding less like work and more like fun all the time!

:jump

:wine: + :grog: = :teacher:
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

#32 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 23 June 2009 - 11:24 PM

This is sounding less like work and more like fun all the time!

Do you know something Nicky....

I think exactly the same thing! Whilst I do always walk away with at least one or two things to improve my teaching I love the opportunity to meet up with old friends and have a cracking weekend.
Its not who I am but what I do which defines me...

#33 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 07:02 PM

OMG just realised the conference is only days away!
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#34 JenniferJames

JenniferJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 08:04 PM

Will have to withdraw Emma's name from the curry. Afraid that the week off we had for swine flu has now extended. (We managed 3 days, now we're off again for another week.) To stop us infecting/ carrying it to anywhere else- it's been decided that we can't go on any courses - especially ones where there's a load of cool History staff from all over the country hanging out together in lecture theatres/ bars! Emma's gutted, having spent ages picking her workshops :-( No representative for us this year :-(
Jen

#35 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 24 June 2009 - 09:10 PM

Hi Guys,

I'll be there on the Friday and the Saturday. Unfortunately, I've got to go to an evening do back in Doncaster on the Saturday evening!

I haven't been asked by SHP to do a seminar, but I will be show casing the new KS3 / KS4 interactive resources that I've created with my team for Heinemann. I'll also be explaining the pedagogy behind interactive teaching styles and answering any questions or resolving any problems that folks might have with Active Teach.

I don't suppose anyone has got any citizenship resources that they can share? I've got a load of history / geography resoures that I can share? I'm also after some resources on the miners strike and anything connected withthe OCR Pilot.

Roy :jester:

Edited by Roy Huggins, 26 June 2009 - 05:51 PM.

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#36 welshie

welshie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 26 June 2009 - 12:47 PM

devastatd that school wouldn't allow me to attaend this conference.

What are the chances of all you lucky people who can go....putting the resources from the event on here?

Pleeeeeeeeeease :flowers:

#37 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 05:15 PM

Hi Guys,

I will only be able to share resources on the Friday and Saturday. I have to leave SHP and go to an evening do on Saturday night so folks will need to catch up with me before then. I can normally be found with Dan in the Student Union bar. Depending upon your hard drive it can take up to 2 - 5 hours to copy everything. So if anyone wants to touch base emai me and we'll swap mobile numbers.

Kind Regards

PS I need resources on Citizenship, RE, OCR Pilot (Vikings & Saxons) and the Miners Strike.

Edited by Roy Huggins, 27 June 2009 - 05:15 PM.

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#38 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 06:30 PM

devastatd that school wouldn't allow me to attaend this conference.

What are the chances of all you lucky people who can go....putting the resources from the event on here?

Pleeeeeeeeeease :flowers:

SHP have a new website which is about to be launched. A lot of the workshop resources are scheduled to be uploaded there with opportunities for discussion etc on here.

#39 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 27 June 2009 - 10:14 PM

Just like to say that the new SHP website looks pretty damn good!!!!

(Thanks incidentally to Pat for showing us all at Dale Banham's Suffolk History Teacher's Conference on Friday!)

#40 Luke Mayhew

Luke Mayhew

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 298 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 06:28 PM

I am really hoping that i get my exam marking done by the time i get to Leeds on Thursday night.... I dont really want to sit in my room marking....
Experience is that marvelous thing that enables you recognize a mistake when you make it again.

#41 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 29 June 2009 - 07:39 PM

Luke- when are you getting to TASC exactly? Also how are you getting there- train or car?

I'm driving up after work on Thursday so how about we arrange to meet in the SU bar? (I'll show you where it is...!)

We'll have to gatecrash the 'last night party' that will be going on for the business studies conference that always preceeds us but I've done it before so its no big deal.

(Actually Dan- if you read this can I assume you'll be up for a pre-conference pint of Guinness too?)

Paul

#42 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:13 PM

Luke- when are you getting to TASC exactly? Also how are you getting there- train or car?

I'm driving up after work on Thursday so how about we arrange to meet in the SU bar? (I'll show you where it is...!)

We'll have to gatecrash the 'last night party' that will be going on for the business studies conference that always preceeds us but I've done it before so its no big deal.

(Actually Dan- if you read this can I assume you'll be up for a pre-conference pint of Guinness too?)

Paul

Bl***y drunks! :lol:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

#43 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 06:43 PM

One of the nicest things I've been called in a long time is that Ed!!!!

;-)

#44 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,433 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:07 PM

So who is file swapping on Fri?

Has anyone git any resources on the miners strike?

#45 Nichola Boughey

Nichola Boughey

Nichola

• Admin
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 30 June 2009 - 08:29 PM

So who is file swapping on Fri?

Has anyone git any resources on the miners strike?

I will happily file swap Roy - not sure what I have that you would want though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users