• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#91 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 09:23 AM

Ian you have just made my day again by knowing who I am.

first we had the 'Huggettes', now we have the Dawsoniples - the disciples of Mr Dawson, who gush about him constantly, addicts who need the annual Saturday Night fix to get through the year. - I feel a Facebook group coming on :unsure:

Just to make it clear I will be editing my handout from the workshop for the SHP website, rather than posting it here with the presentation, as neither stand up without some explanation.

Edited by Tony Fox, 07 July 2009 - 09:35 AM.

"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#92 Nichola Boughey

Nichola Boughey

Nichola

• Admin
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:31 AM

Just tried to talk to a member of my SLT about how amazing the weekend was and how the ideas could be cascaded across the school through Lead Learners - I was told it was not my job to direct this! :huh:

#93 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 11:39 AM

Just tried to talk to a member of my SLT about how amazing the weekend was and how the ideas could be cascaded across the school through Lead Learners - I was told it was not my job to direct this! :huh:

of course - good ideas and SLT don't mix!

Seriously, Don suggested you find your allies first; those who are open to other people's ideas, those who do care about the kids, those who want to improve the school rather than their pension.
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#94 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:10 PM

of course - good ideas and SLT don't mix!

Seriously, Don suggested you find your allies first; those who are open to other people's ideas, those who do care about the kids, those who want to improve the school rather than their pension.

I would be very careful about suggesting ideas to SLT. Pride always comes before a fall. My outstanding department has been gutted and nearly all my talented teachers either promoted or redeployed to teach struggling departments and deliver the thematic curriculum. So much for my idea of building up an elite team of crack historians! I'm the only full time historian left in my department now. Sad eh? :mellow:

Roy :jester:
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#95 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:24 PM

Yeah, stick it to the SLT! How on earth did they get the job? ;)

Edited by Nick Dennis, 07 July 2009 - 07:25 PM.

#96 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:44 PM

Crikey - don't want anyone getting into trouble. Thus make sure you...

> Work out your plan, and time your steps
> Find the right people to work with (good advice from Tony; who is your most T&L loving SLT member? Ask what you can do to help them/etc)
> Start as small as the situation needs and build up a head of steam until you are irresistable
> Use evidence to support your points - especially from the students
> Keep that passion!

Don

;)

#97 Dafydd Humphreys

Dafydd Humphreys

Thinking outside the box...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 07:57 PM

:blink:
My Youtube Channels: <a href="http://www.youtube.c...m/Learnhistory" target="_blank">LearnHistory</a> (RIP) :( and <a href="http://www.youtube.c.../Learnhistory2" target="_blank">LearnHistory2</a> and now <a href="http://www.youtube.c.../Learnhistory3" target="_blank">LearnHistory3</a>

#98 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,502 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 08:03 PM

They sold their soul? ;)

On a more helpful note to NB... get them to imagine it's their idea...

And I never thought Ian was being back-handed... soz...

And does anyone else want to work on a Forum Fringe: 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum' revisited...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

#99 Gorbash

Gorbash

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 548 posts

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:15 PM

And does anyone else want to work on a Forum Fringe: 'A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum' revisited...

I'm in...just so long as I get to wear a toga and be Pseudolus!!!!
Its not who I am but what I do which defines me...

#100 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 07 July 2009 - 10:59 PM

That happened a long time ago! :) :devil:

They sold their soul? ;)

Edited by Nick Dennis, 07 July 2009 - 11:00 PM.

#101 JenniferJames

JenniferJames

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 494 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 05:45 AM

That happened a long time ago! :) :devil:

They sold their soul? ;)

I know that's not true Nick!
I'm doing 'Why were the Boxers so popular?' with year 9 bottom set for Ofsted today!
J x

#102 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:13 AM

Who is your most T&L loving SLT member? Ask what you can do to help them/etc)

Don - what can you do to help next year then? :lol:

#103 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,320 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:22 AM

Photos from a Dawsoniple, sorry was on front row, light not too good.
http://img27.imagesh...w.jpg&via=yfrog

A few shots of the Saturday night experience

#104 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:29 AM

:lol:

#105 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,505 posts

Posted 08 July 2009 - 07:32 AM

:lol:

For Dan I think working with his link will work VERY well :lol:

For me...... :starwars:
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users