AdrianaB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:17 PM

Edexcel

Unit 1 : Russia in Revolution
Unit 2 : Liberals 1906 -1915
Unit 3 : Britain betwenn the wars. (Conflict and Depression)

Unit 4 : Fascist Italy
Unit 5 : Decline of the British Empire
Unit 6 : Decline fo the Liberal Party (Soon changing to Stalin)

Hey I need info about 2 Edexcel topics if you could help me please! Stalin's Russia 1924-53 and Politics, Presidency and Society in the U.S.A, 1968-2001 I am new to this and to this forum haha. I basically would like tips on what is the most important in each topic for the students to learn ..like what usually comes up in the exams etc to prepare for the exams. And if you had any good notes or websites that would help out! Thank you :)

#107 ChezzaC

ChezzaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 22 March 2012 - 09:59 AM

Hi

I am new to this forum and am looking for help! As of September we have a 6th form and I am due to teach The AQA Tsarist Russia unit and wondered if anyone had any SOW or resources they would be prepared to share with me? I have never taught A'level before although I have been teaching since 2004 and am finding this experience very daunting. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Waiting in anticipation

ChezzaC

#108 Richj

Richj

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 09:51 AM

From September I will be teaching the Edexcel AS unit 1A - Alfred the Great and the Vikings, 793-c900.

I am struggling to find resources and books. Does anyone else teach this unit at all?

#109 kaye.maciver

kaye.maciver

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 27 August 2012 - 06:54 PM

My school currently teaches at A Level

AS
AQA
Unit 1N Totalitarian Ideology and Practice (Focus on Russia and Germany)
Unit 2Q The Vietnam War

A2
AQA
Unit 3M The Making of Modern Britain
Unit 4X Personal Study Broad topic The Middle East Late 1800s- present day

We are desperate to network with other teachers of these units for the sharing of resources and ideas for these units.

Thanks,
Kaye

#110 Katie F

Katie F

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 08 September 2012 - 09:45 AM

Hi everyone. I am an NQT and have just started my new job. I am teaching A-level and have been left with hardly anything by the teacher who has left. We are doing Post war Britain 1951-1994 and American civil rights 1865-1992 at A2. I have no idea about the timeframe or emphasis on certain key qs as I have not been left any kind of scheme of work. I also don't know where to find further resources apart from the text book I've got. I feel completely overwhelmed and have come home stressed and in tears after my first few days at school. The HOD teaches the other side of the A-level and had assumed I had been left it all by the teacher who has left. Also, as I have never taught A-level before I am not sure how the lessons are mean to progress. I don't know what the best way is to make them learn independently apart from note taking. I am a bit clueless so any help will be very appreciated!!

#111 historycat

historycat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 22 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

We teach AQA:
Unit 1M - USA 1890-1945
Unit 2R - A sixties social revolution
Unit 3L - From defeat to unity: Germany 1945-1991
Unit 4x - Historical Enquiry on anti-semitism and the Holocaust

I currently teach units 2 and 4 and have taught unit 1 in the past. Would be happy to share resources with other schools.

#112 Allen

Allen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 09 January 2013 - 11:46 AM

Not sure if this is the correct thread to post in but i couldn't find another...was wondering if people had a preference for a specific exam board at A-Level? I am setting up a new course for September and any advice and suggestions would be appreciated. Currently, the AQA topics look the best. Can anyone recommend them or is Edexcel preferable? Any help much appreciated!
Kate

#113 ChezzaC

ChezzaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 20 January 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi!

Just wondered of anyone taught AQA Aspects of International Relations, 1945–2004 and wanted to link up/share resources/SOW. I have never taught this before and was looking for some advice/help

If so just message me!

Thanks!

#114 Carl

Carl

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 22 January 2013 - 06:33 PM

AQA AS level 1890-1945

Hope these resources help.

Attached Files

#115 ChezzaC

ChezzaC

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 10 March 2013 - 10:29 PM

I currently teach AQA Tsarist Russia 1855-1917 and from September The Making of Modern Britain 1951-2007.

If anyone wants to link up let me know! :-)

#116 LCoughlin

LCoughlin

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 April 2013 - 02:01 PM

Hey, I'm an NQT so don't have masses of stuff to contribute but we teach AQA
Unit 1: HIS1H Tsarist Russia, 1855–1917
Unit 2: HIS2R A Sixties Social Revolution? British Society, 1959–1975
Unit 3: HIS3M The Making of Modern Britain, 1951–2007

#117 HayleyB

HayleyB

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 30 August 2013 - 12:40 AM

Hi,

I am not sure if this is a good thread to post in but looking for some A-level inspiration.

I am an NQT beginning to teach A-level in September and I am getting worried :( I have been doing the SOW for the Germany divided and united (F7) and Germany from 1918 to 1945 second to third reich (F5) modules for Edexcel. Any advice or help that can be offered would be appreciated because I am worried my activities are a little bit too GCSE and not indepth enough for A-Level. There is only me and another NQT teaching History so any words of wisdom from more experienced teachers would be very useful :)

Thanks

#118 Laura Telford

Laura Telford

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 51 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 12:38 PM

Hi all,

We do Edexcel:

Unit 1: Unification of Germany 1848-90) and The Middle East, 1945-2001: The State of Israel and Arab Nationalism

Unit 2: Britain and Ireland 1967-1922 (I am also an Edexcel examiner for this unit, option D).

Unit 3: Protest, Crisis and Rebellion in England 1536-88

Unit 4: CW41: Germany United and Divided, 1890-1991

I teach units 2 and 4. I'm also looking to swap resources with anyone who is willing - I have reams of examiner advice for unit 2, and we also wrote our own 'survival guides' for units 1 and 2 last year which I am more than willing to share. For unit 2, I wrote a revision guide of essential content, and my colleague wrote a 'Who's who' and a timeline that you are also welcome to share in if you happen to do the same topic as us :-) It was our first year teaching this after changing from OCR, and we did well - 13 As, 7 Bs and 4 Cs :-)

Get in touch if you want to share!

Thanks,

Laura.

PS: Also, if you are interested, I taught Luther and the German Reformation and the coursework on Women in Britain 1867-1918 for OCR if anyone wants any of my old resources :-)

Edited by Laura Telford, 01 September 2013 - 12:53 PM.

#119 Penny M

Penny M

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 02 September 2013 - 07:47 PM

Hi everyone,

We do OCR; Post War Britain & US Civil War at AS, Russia for controlled assessment and Civil Rights in the USA for our themes paper.  We've delivered A2 for the first time this year and got some good results, but as the only teacher of F966 I'd love to do some resource/ideas swapping for this paper!

Let me know if anyone would like to share! 

#120 Zoe Bowden

Zoe Bowden

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:22 PM

Hi All

Really appreciate some help with an AQA unit Hitler, Anti Semitism and the German people, especially and example essay so students can see what the exam board are expecting.  AQA have some on other units but the students I teach need to see material relevant to them and this is the first time the unit has been taught.  Any advice would be gratefully received.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users