3 replies to this topic

#1 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 02 June 2009 - 11:36 AM

I have received a flyer from OCR stressing how much they have improved their level of support for the new A-Level Specs as a result of recent customer feedback. Has anyone noticed significant improvement? OCR seem to be bombarding me with pleas to consider switching to their AS/A2 and GCSE courses. We do their AS/A2 Spec. A already, of course. Our Head of English reported similar approaches about GCSE.
In memory of my boyhood hero Jim Clark (1936-1968): 'Chevalier Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'.

#2 smcknowles

smcknowles

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 02:53 PM

I received the same information from OCR, which is what helped me to decided to go with them for A Level, however they have not lived up to these assurances. I am currently sturggling to get a resources list for their American involvement in Asia module, with little success & despite phoning daily have still not been able to speak to anyone directly - NOT IMPRESSED!!! :curse:

#3 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 03:35 PM

I feel that I am always knocking OCR on this forum but I simply do not believe that, at least as far as History is concerned, their level of support compares with the other two main exam boards. I recently tried to find out some pretty important information from them. I phoned up but couldn't get past the switchboard. The 'Customer Services' person to whom I spoke was perfectly pleasant but didn't have a clue what I was talking about. I ended up e-mailing my request and received a reply a week later. The information supplied was exactly what I wanted and the lady who responded apologised for the delay due to standardising meetings etc. Fair enough, but if I were trying to get the same info from, say AQA I would, in my experience, have been put straight through to someone in their History and Archaeology Section who would either have answered my query there and then or rung me straight back. It seems to me that OCR really do have to get their act together on things like this if they are not to drive lots of disgruntled customers into the arms of their competitors.

Edited by Mark H., 29 June 2009 - 06:29 AM.

In memory of my boyhood hero Jim Clark (1936-1968): 'Chevalier Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'.

#4 Mark Raychell

Mark Raychell

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 78 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 08:49 PM

I think OCR have a lot of strengths in terms of History but I agree they're behind the others in 'Customer Support'. You should be able to contact the relevant people directly and that isn't happening. This was one of the reasons I looked at swiching exam boards recently
OCR, please take note!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users