• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rachelloughery

rachelloughery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 21 August 2009 - 08:26 PM

Probably daft question and wishful thinking but I thought I saw somewhere that this wasn't included in Paper 1 anymore. Is this true?

I know Stalin is gone for the 2010 set but I mean for this year.

#2 rachelloughery

rachelloughery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:51 PM

I'm taking the resounding silence as a slap on the wrist and assuming Stalin's foreign policy is very much part of the course.

#3 rachelloughery

rachelloughery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 28 August 2009 - 08:57 PM

I have just worked out where my confusion came from. Foreign policy is no longer part of the rise and rule for the 2010 exams!

#4 Malarvilie

Malarvilie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 232 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:04 AM

Probably daft question and wishful thinking but I thought I saw somewhere that this wasn't included in Paper 1 anymore. Is this true?

I know Stalin is gone for the 2010 set but I mean for this year.

Which board are you talking about? I hope it's not edexcel, i've spent ages on resources for this.
......I have the body of a weak and feeble woman
but I have the heart and stomach of a King!

#5 rachelloughery

rachelloughery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 31 August 2009 - 08:55 PM

Hi, sorry, I probably confused everyone with this. I was talking about IB and I tend to get a little obsessed with it. :)

#6 Laurence Hicks

Laurence Hicks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:53 PM

You're right about Stalin's Foreign Policy being excluded from IB Paper 2 from 2010, Rachel, but don't forget that it might well come up in IB Paper 3 instead!
"What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?"

#7 rachelloughery

rachelloughery

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 01:27 AM

You're right about Stalin's Foreign Policy being excluded from IB Paper 2 from 2010, Rachel, but don't forget that it might well come up in IB Paper 3 instead!

Thanks, Laurence! As for paper 3 what do you teach? I don't teach it at the moment but I know the kids who chose Europe are looking at Bismarck. I would love to know what people teach for HL. I am going on the setting up a course (well, online) soon as I want to know more about it. In my school the teacher is verrrry experienced and he basically lets the kids choose which they want to study and then has tutorials but since I may be taking over next year and have hardly any experience I want things to be more concrete so I can study and plan. :)

#8 Laurence Hicks

Laurence Hicks

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 08 September 2009 - 05:17 AM

I basically teach 19th Century stuff for Paper 3, Rachel, such as Italian Unification, German Unification, Russia from 1855-1905, and the causes of World War One. This generally gives the students enough questions to choose from when they sit their exam, especially as they cover Single Party States (Lenin, Stalin, Mussolini and Hitler) for Paper 2.
"What's so funny about peace, love and understanding?"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users