15 replies to this topic

#16 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 01:23 PM

Here is the updated version of my interpretations and investigations booklet that I did last year. Again, much of it from this site, I cannot claim ownership of that, so many thanks. I have culled it a bit from last year, but this year I have included some examples from the exam board and work that our students produced. This year we aim to use it as a teaching tool rather than just information, so there is space around the paragraphs to comment on their pros and cons. They are not all exemplary answers!!! Students said that they found this the best way by far to learn how to write these answers.
I also attached when I printed it out all the tasks to the back and the markscheme. Just means that it then is all in one place for them. I have still included the bit about telling them their final marks. It is our department policy rather than anything that the board have susequently said since my last post above.

We have also noted that the exam board seem to have changed (for Vietnam) the middle interpretation on the reverse of the Tet, but not anything else really. Is this because everyone just did that question and therefore avoided teaching the whole war? (I am a culprit here as the students also did Vietnam at GCSE!). We will still do the 2nd interpretations question, but this does mean that we now have a bank of 2 questions to do as practise, and I expect a greater variety of choice in their investigations too as a result of more content being taught.
Feel free to change/use as you wish. :flowers:
Jane

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users