4 replies to this topic

#1 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 02:50 PM

Hello all, are the administrative tasks in the workforce agreement verboten for all members of teaching staff. Or can those people with TLRs be required to do them? For example entering a department inventory onto SIMs, collating reports etc.

Thanks in advance,

Simon

#2 BarbaraH

BarbaraH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 331 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:20 PM

I'd like clarification on this too! In my case they are trying to make me take minutes at departmental meetings. Can't see why a TLR should make you do more menial tasks!

#3 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 04:56 PM

I'm sure you'll all be pleased to read that TLRs do not stand for administration, but do stand for teaching and learning. As such you cannot be required to perform administrative tasks. If you aren't SLT, then those tasks belong to someone else, and your SLT knows that. You could say: "that's fine, but before I do, do you mind if I check with my union about who should be doing these administrative tasks?"

Naturally many of us do, nonetheless. The advantage when (for example) doing minutes is that you do them in your way, and SLT can't really complain about what is recorded.
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

#4 gav

gav

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 544 posts

Posted 28 September 2009 - 07:26 PM

If you aren't SLT, then those tasks belong to someone else, and your SLT knows that.

That is interesting. Do SLT have a version of the workload agreement or have many of the SLTs taken the opportunity to enlarge the school bureaucracies in order to lighten their own workload in recent years? It seems many schools have failed to invest the considerable increases in school funding in the areas that matter - i.e. class sizes and teaching and have instead created layers of administrative and bloated senior teams who deliver little in the way of teaching periods and cost a packet to employ. It will be interesting to see what gives when the inevitable education cuts begin to happen from next year. (Maybe I should have saved that point for a new thread though.)

#5 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 30 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

Thanks for info.
S

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users