3 replies to this topic

#1 BarbaraH

BarbaraH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 05:29 PM

I sent our proposed questions off more than ten working days ago, but haven't had any response yet. Has anyone else heard anything? Am quite anxious to have approval/suggested improvements before the kids have done too much work!

#2 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 13 October 2009 - 08:01 PM

I was at the meeting in London yesterday with Colin Shepherd.He spoke about this and mentioned that there was a large pile of study titles from schools and they are in the middle of processing them. It shouldn't be long he told us!!

#3 adam osborne

adam osborne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 12:28 PM

I sent our proposed questions off more than ten working days ago, but haven't had any response yet. Has anyone else heard anything? Am quite anxious to have approval/suggested improvements before the kids have done too much work!

Barbara - can you let me know where you got the proposal forms? I have yet to submit mine and cannot find them on the website.

Thanks

#4 BarbaraH

BarbaraH

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 330 posts

Posted 19 October 2009 - 05:17 PM

They are on the website:

http://www.ocr.org.u...ents/index.aspx

and go to 'Forms'

I am increasingly concerned about not having had feedback. My colleague went to the Birmingham meeting last week and there were strong warnings against titles that were really causation, which I think catches quite a lot of ours. For example it was said that How significant was the First World War in gaining women the vote in 1918? is a causation question and would need to be How significant was the First World War for Britain?

I think a lot of our questions will fall down as we tried to get the kids to be more specific. Has anyone else had any thoughts on questions? Or even heard back from the board???

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users