#1 Matt Spring

Matt Spring

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 12:28 PM

Hi all,

A quick query with which I'd really, really appreciate some help:

On the INTERPRETATIONS exercise (4 sources), would one normally expect the pupils to employ book references, footnoted? For example, if they wished to support or dispute a particular interpretation found within one of the historians' four sources, should they refer to the book from which they are taking the relevant contextual knowledge? Or is this only expected in the INVESTIGATIONS essay?

Many thanks in advance for any advice proffered!

Matt Spring

#2 CD McKie

CD McKie

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 16 November 2009 - 02:03 PM

Hi all,

A quick query with which I'd really, really appreciate some help:

On the INTERPRETATIONS exercise (4 sources), would one normally expect the pupils to employ book references, footnoted? For example, if they wished to support or dispute a particular interpretation found within one of the historians' four sources, should they refer to the book from which they are taking the relevant contextual knowledge? Or is this only expected in the INVESTIGATIONS essay?

Many thanks in advance for any advice proffered!

Matt Spring

Having recently attended INSET on this course, I can certainly answer your question. There is no requirement to provide footnotes for the 'Interpretations' task. A bibloiography, though good practice, is not even expected. Obviously both footnotes and a bibliography are required for the 'Investigations' question.
To you who call yourselves men of peace, I say: You are not safe unless you have men of action on your side.

#3 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 November 2009 - 03:55 PM

Yes, they said this at our INSET too. They certainly need it for the investigations, but not for this.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users