• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 08:19 PM

If you use the 'default' theme you should have noticed a slight Christmas look on the forum - this is our Christmas theme. Hope you like it.

However, there are plenty of other themes available to you - just select an alternative using the drop-down list at the bottom right of the screen.

Merry Christmas!

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 07 December 2009 - 09:47 PM

Many thanks Andrew, when I see the Christmas theme I know it is time to start my Christmas planning and begin writing the cards. :)
And the Countdown timer! I had forgotten all about it, but it will, again be used every day, my starter activity for EVERY lesson!
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#3 Elle

Elle

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 09:58 AM

I love it Andrew!

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

#4 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 10:02 AM

Bahh humbug - I'm off back to the boring theme! :)

Although, I do like the way it gives Isaiah Berlin a nice wooden frame...

Edited by Ed Podesta, 08 December 2009 - 10:03 AM.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#5 Simon Ross

Simon Ross

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 313 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:33 PM

I hope you're not this boring at the Christmas dinner!

#6 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 December 2009 - 12:37 PM

I love the 'mahogany' feel of the theme and that it is a bit more subdued than what my students think decorations should look like. :)

Oh, and 16 days to my birthday too. ;)

Edited by Nick Dennis, 08 December 2009 - 12:38 PM.

#7 Stobbsy

Stobbsy

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 03:29 PM

Fabulous as always!
Holidays are coming...Holidays are coming
:christmas:
Only 8 more get ups
Carol S

#8 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 07:22 PM

Great as always - thank you Andrew.

#9 Seb Falk

Seb Falk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 08 December 2009 - 11:30 PM

Many thanks Andrew, when I see the Christmas theme I know it is time to start my Christmas planning and begin writing the cards. :)
And the Countdown timer! I had forgotten all about it, but it will, again be used every day, my starter activity for EVERY lesson!

How do you use the countdown timer as a starter activity?

#10 Lou Phillips

Lou Phillips

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 09:07 PM

I've lost the christmas theme! I wanted to see the other themes but I don't have a drop down menu on the right hand side (am I being dense?) just one on the left, and that only gave me IP Board or Lo Fi so I clicked the IP board and the theme went and I can't get it back. What do I do? I want to be christmassy!!! :(
"True generosity towards the future consists of giving everything to the present" Albert Camus

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon"

#11 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,945 posts

Posted 09 December 2009 - 10:06 PM

I've lost the christmas theme! I wanted to see the other themes but I don't have a drop down menu on the right hand side (am I being dense?) just one on the left, and that only gave me IP Board or Lo Fi so I clicked the IP board and the theme went and I can't get it back. What do I do? I want to be christmassy!!! :(

The option should just be there - at the bottom left of any page. Could you try logging out and the logging in again? Nothing has been done to remove the theme - honest.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#12 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 05:54 AM

I hope you're not this boring at the Christmas dinner!

I'm always scintillating.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#13 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 07:36 AM

The option should just be there - at the bottom left of any page. Could you try logging out and the logging in again? Nothing has been done to remove the theme - honest.

It happened to me too.
When I came in and met the Christmas theme for the first time I found I had to log in again, and when I did so, no Christmas theme!
One has to go to the bottom left of the page and select the Christmas Club (09) Import skin from the drop-down menu.

And now TOTALLY Christmassy!
:)

#14 Lou Phillips

Lou Phillips

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:13 AM

Logged out xmas theme reappeared, logged back in, xmas theme disappeared again.
I only have 3 options on the drop down menu- IP.Board, -History Teacher's Discussion Forum and IP. Board Lo-fi.
Ah well, its not the end of the world, but I did quite like it!
"True generosity towards the future consists of giving everything to the present" Albert Camus

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon"

#15 CD McKie

CD McKie

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 10 December 2009 - 08:39 AM

Let's just say I am pleased we have the option to de-select the Christmas theme. Ba humbug.

Merry Christmas.
To you who call yourselves men of peace, I say: You are not safe unless you have men of action on your side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users