• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#106 libby daglish

libby daglish

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 09:37 PM

changing the controlled assessment each year is a time consuming nightmare. My head of department wants us to look at South Africa and Mandela. I was wondering if anyone had any schemes of work or sources they would be willing to exchange. Last year we looked at Roosevelt and the new Deal and would happily share these with anyone.

Thanks
Libby

#107 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 24 April 2012 - 11:08 PM

changing the controlled assessment each year is a time consuming nightmare. My head of department wants us to look at South Africa and Mandela. I was wondering if anyone had any schemes of work or sources they would be willing to exchange. Last year we looked at Roosevelt and the new Deal and would happily share these with anyone.

Thanks
Libby

Check out this old OCR coursework booklet for resources and ideas:

Attached File  1937 Coursework guidance booklet.pdf   2.48MB   359 downloads

I have a lots similar resources but they are too large to upload. You would have to send me a hard drive.

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:

Edited by Roy Huggins, 24 April 2012 - 11:09 PM.

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#108 lthompson

lthompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 11:27 AM

I agree about the changes being a time consuming nightmare! Is anyone else doing the depth study based on Inter War USA? I see that the 2013 question is How far was X the most important change/event/development during the period Y? The most obvious choice for 'X' is of course the New Deal but does anyone have any better suggestions that will enable students to make some good points of comparison?

Edited by lthompson, 25 April 2012 - 11:28 AM.

#109 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,442 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 08:01 PM

I agree about the changes being a time consuming nightmare! Is anyone else doing the depth study based on Inter War USA? I see that the 2013 question is How far was X the most important change/event/development during the period Y? The most obvious choice for 'X' is of course the New Deal but does anyone have any better suggestions that will enable students to make some good points of comparison?

Have you checked out the new OCR rules on the new 2 year course?

Just brain storming:

• How far was mass production the most important development during the period 1919 to 1929?
  • How far was easy credit development the most important development in the period 1919 to 1939?

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#110 lthompson

lthompson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 27 April 2012 - 01:09 PM

Just brain storming:

• How far was mass production the most important development during the period 1919 to 1929?
  • How far was easy credit development the most important development in the period 1919 to 1939?

Had not heard anything about new rules for the 2 year course so will investigate!
I like your suggestion of questioning whether mass production was the most important development. I could make this task quite focused on social changes e.g. role of women, impact of the car industry, growth of intolerance of immigrants, growth of segregation & discrimination, social changes such as those in music, sport & Hollywood & Prohibition if I kept to the time frame of 1919-1929. This should enable my students to make some valid points of comparison as well as making links to show how mass production linked to some of these social developments. Quite like the idea of not having to spend forever on the New Deal as we had to do this year!
But very open to any suggestions of other topics I could use to address this question! Many thanks for your advice!

#111 welshie

welshie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 03:48 PM

Does anyone know if we have to get approval from the exan board for our C.A questions? you mentioned filling in an apporval form on here? when I have contacted OCR in the past I am sure they told me I didn't need to seek approval.

Many thanks

:flowers:

Just brain storming:

Had not heard anything about new rules for the 2 year course so will investigate!
I like your suggestion of questioning whether mass production was the most important development. I could make this task quite focused on social changes e.g. role of women, impact of the car industry, growth of intolerance of immigrants, growth of segregation & discrimination, social changes such as those in music, sport & Hollywood & Prohibition if I kept to the time frame of 1919-1929. This should enable my students to make some valid points of comparison as well as making links to show how mass production linked to some of these social developments. Quite like the idea of not having to spend forever on the New Deal as we had to do this year!
But very open to any suggestions of other topics I could use to address this question! Many thanks for your advice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users