- - - - -

SHP Conference 2010

• Please log in to reply
122 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 January 2010 - 05:29 PM

You can now book online here. Looking forward to it after an excellent TeachMeet at BETT. :)

#2 Sarah Bamford

Sarah Bamford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 27 January 2010 - 10:15 PM

Think I need some technical updating so might need to try and wangle it again this year..

#3 johnmayo

johnmayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 09:51 AM

You can now book online here. Looking forward to it after an excellent TeachMeet at BETT. :)

SHP should have a Teachmeet on the Friday night just with a focus on History

The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure

#4 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,545 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 10:58 AM

Already being planned!

#5 johnmayo

johnmayo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 201 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:04 PM

Already being planned!

Sweet.
I just hope that it will be Flashmeetinged! or Twitpic if I cany make it due to brothers wedding.

John

The only thing in life achieved without effort is failure

#6 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 28 January 2010 - 01:15 PM

If anyone is interested in presenting at the SHP TeachMeet at this initial stage, please let us know. More details will follow after half-term. :)

#7 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 05:27 PM

Missing it again this year as I'm in the Somme with my school on my first ever battlefields tour. Very disappointed not to be able to go as I know it will be excellent and I'll not get to see Roy's big disk!
There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

#8 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 957 posts

Posted 28 January 2010 - 08:44 PM

Will sadly be missing it again this year, as baby number two will hopefully have arrived by then, and for some reason my wife didn't seem too keen on me disappearing for a weekend!

However, if you can get a Flashmeeting going for the Teachmeet, I'll be there!

#9 Elle

Elle

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 05 February 2010 - 12:54 PM

I am amazed, but I am being allowed to go!

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

#10 Jonathan Cussons

Jonathan Cussons

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 136 posts

Posted 07 February 2010 - 09:55 PM

That makes two of us then Elle... Shock, horror but the school is also paying for accommodation - get in!!

Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go. (Joshua 1:9)

Follow @CussonsHistory

#11 Elle

Elle

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 715 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:46 PM

That makes two of us then Elle... Shock, horror but the school is also paying for accommodation - get in!!

One of the reasons I am allowed to go is that I will be staying with my brother, so therefore making it all cheaper.

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

#12 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 12:17 PM

The TeachMeet SHP conference wiki page is now here.

What is TeachMeet SHP? It is an informal gathering of those curious about innovative ways of teaching and learning in History. Anyone can share great ideas they've trialled in their classrooms, ask important questions or simply sign up to take part in learning conversations. Education professionals from all sectors are welcome to take part.

The main part of TeachMeet is hearing stories about learning, from teachers. This is not an event to present about a product or theory - this is a chance for teachers from all types of establishments to hear ideas from each other. Real narratives of practice that make a difference. It is about being engaged and inspired by our immediate colleagues and get some ideas from the grassroots!

We need people to give either 7 or 2 minute presentations so if you are interested and want to share your ideas in an informal and supportive atmosphere, sign up at the Wiki above or let me, Dan Moorhouse or Doug Belshaw know. :)

Edited by Nick Dennis, 20 February 2010 - 12:28 PM.

#13 Nichola Boughey

Nichola Boughey

Nichola

• Admin
  • 2,191 posts

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:16 PM

Given the current situation at school I can't even imagine asking to attend SHP this year.

Trying to figure out if I am willing to travel down after work on Friday and pay for it myself!

#14 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 20 February 2010 - 11:21 PM

Would be great to see you there if you can make it - you can even do a 2 or 7 minute presentation on your active learning activity at the TeachMeet! :)

#15 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 957 posts

Posted 21 February 2010 - 03:23 PM

Any chance of setting up a Flashmeeting for this one Nick? I'd love to be there, but it's not going to happen this year and I'd hate to miss out on the great ideas that I know will be there.

I's be happy to book it if you think you could get a webcam and laptop up and running whereever it will be held.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users