#1 Chris Garratt

Chris Garratt

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 11:00 AM

Hi folks,

Just wondering if anyone has round to doing a guide for this speciofied topic yet? Like last year I'm later doing it (am juggling Ho RE as well since Christmas). Last year lots of people bunged their ideas in one place (here) and it made things a lot easier.

Cheers in anticipation

Chris

Edited by Chris Garratt, 18 January 2010 - 11:00 AM.

All I ask for is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy. Spike Milligan

#2 john bassett

john bassett

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 18 January 2010 - 12:42 PM

Think this is a half term job!

You can take this exam in Year 10 on June 9th - same as year 11 - is anyone putting their students through in year 10?

#3 ChrisC

ChrisC

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 January 2010 - 03:22 PM

Attached File  The change from supernatural to natural approaches to disease in the Ancient World and its impact on medicine before 1700.doc   5.38MB   8304 downloads

Hiya,

Hope this gets me some good karma.........

I nabbed some of it from another guide I found when desperately trawling the net (so forgive me if that was yours and you're reading this!)

I then gave them an exam based upon Section A of the AQA 2004 Medicine Paper which is about the Impact of religion in the Middle Ages to further get them used to the format of the paper.

Chris

#4 Chris Garratt

Chris Garratt

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 597 posts

Posted 21 January 2010 - 02:09 PM

Attached File  The change from supernatural to natural approaches to disease in the Ancient World and its impact on medicine before 1700.doc   5.38MB   8304 downloads

Hiya,

Hope this gets me some good karma.........

I nabbed some of it from another guide I found when desperately trawling the net (so forgive me if that was yours and you're reading this!)

I then gave them an exam based upon Section A of the AQA 2004 Medicine Paper which is about the Impact of religion in the Middle Ages to further get them used to the format of the paper.

Chris

Hi - this is great - the last page comes from me anyway (probably at the shareforum) and I like the tweak you've given it.

Edited by Chris Garratt, 21 January 2010 - 02:09 PM.

All I ask for is the chance to prove that money won't make me happy. Spike Milligan

#5 Laraine Cowan

Laraine Cowan

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts

Posted 26 January 2010 - 04:34 PM

Think this is a half term job!

You can take this exam in Year 10 on June 9th - same as year 11 - is anyone putting their students through in year 10?

We are....and now beginning to wonder if it was a good idea!! It's a difficult one. Do you do it in Yr10 when they only have 1 course to revise but have not really begun to develop their cognitive skills yet, or in Yr11 when they have both courses to revise but have better thinking skills (at least in theory!). We have gone for the former but they are not really showing the analytical skills we are looking for yet - though they may have something to do with the face that there is insufficient time to give students on an individual basis. Both of us that teach GCSE have 33 in the class; there aren't even enough chairs to go round, never mind teacher time and energy. :(

Edited by Laraine Cowan, 26 January 2010 - 04:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users