4 replies to this topic

#1 Scott Allsop

Scott Allsop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 06:18 AM

Dear all,

Every year I spend what seems like ages filling in the 3/IA and 3/CS forms for the IB History internal assessment. Last year I created some sheets that fill in the appropriate information using a mail-merge, and I have just updated them for the new syllabus.

You can download the forms from my website - www.mrallsophistory.com - and clicking the IB Teachers link. You need the two Word Documents (one for the 3/IA and one for 3/CS) and an Excel spreadsheet into which you type the data. When you run the mail merge in Word, the CS and IA sheets get their data from teh Excel spreadsheet and put it all in the correct boxes ready to print. Full instructions are on the website.

Hopefully it will help to save you a bit of time.

The forms are easily adapted for other subjects if your Group 3 collegues want to use them.

All the best,
Scott

#2 Lou Phillips

Lou Phillips

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 505 posts

Posted 01 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

Not looked at them yet, but can only say that sounds like a godsend!! Why all the IB forms are still not online is beyond me. Thank you!!!!!!!
"True generosity towards the future consists of giving everything to the present" Albert Camus

"We are stardust, we are golden, we are billion year old carbon"

#3 Seb Falk

Seb Falk

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 43 posts

Posted 02 February 2010 - 03:41 PM

That's fantastic - thanks so much.

#4 Scott Allsop

Scott Allsop

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 26 March 2012 - 08:24 AM

Hello all.

I realise that this is cutting the timing a little tight, but I've put updated mail merge forms onto my website that reflect the changes made in the 2012 Handbook of Procedures. For thsoe of you who already use these, the existing Spreadsheet still works to input the data, it's just a new 3/CS file that's needed.

The changes are relatively minor:
  • As noted on page 252 of the 2012 Handbook of Procedures, form 3/IA is no longer required, so I have removed the link.
  • The font has changed from Times New Roman to Arial
  • The layout of the chart on the reverse side of the form has changed as a result of different marking criteria for other Group 3 subjects. These don't affect History but have meant the reverse fo the sheet looks quite different.
You can download the files from http://mrallsophisto...assessment.html

Cheers,
Scott

#5 GraysonM

GraysonM

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 05:45 PM

Scott

If I were to whip Apple iWork versions of your mail merge would you host them ?

Thanks btw this has been great.

Hello all.

I realise that this is cutting the timing a little tight, but I've put updated mail merge forms onto my website that reflect the changes made in the 2012 Handbook of Procedures. For thsoe of you who already use these, the existing Spreadsheet still works to input the data, it's just a new 3/CS file that's needed.

The changes are relatively minor:

• As noted on page 252 of the 2012 Handbook of Procedures, form 3/IA is no longer required, so I have removed the link.
  • The font has changed from Times New Roman to Arial
  • The layout of the chart on the reverse side of the form has changed as a result of different marking criteria for other Group 3 subjects. These don't affect History but have meant the reverse fo the sheet looks quite different.
You can download the files from http://mrallsophisto...assessment.html

Cheers,
Scott

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users