• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,941 posts

Posted 08 February 2010 - 10:41 PM

A brief note to welcome all the new members that have just been 'approved'. I've been through the sizeable list of recent registrations and found about 50% who we've been able to give instant access to the forum. If you have recently registered but found you haven't had your registration approved this will most probably be because of the choice of username.

As clearly stated, on the registration form:

Joining the History Teachers' Discussion Forum

When you register on this forum, please use your full name or combination of firstname and initial. For example, Andrew Field or Andrew F. The aim is to continue to build a friendly community but also to establish people as individuals.

When you register your account, each account is manually approved by the site team. This means that your account isn't instantly available. If you join with a sensible name that will allow us to approve your account much more rapidly. We have had to introduce this measure because of so many spam registrations.

Thus if you register with 'fuddlydudley' or 'MylieMystery' (not that anyone did really ;) ) it isn't going to get into the forum. We aren't doing this to cause trouble, but rather try to keep this forum running as effectively as possible. We've even had spammers follow the rules to try to get access!

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 05 April 2011 - 02:04 PM

A repost just to remind anyone wanting to join us!

When you register on this forum, please use your full name or combination of firstname and initial. For example, Andrew Field or Andrew F. The aim is to continue to build a friendly community but also to establish people as individuals.

When you register your account, each account is manually approved by the site team. This means that your account isn't instantly available. If you join with a sensible name that will allow us to approve your account much more rapidly. We have had to introduce this measure because of so many spam registrations.

There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

#3 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 August 2011 - 11:43 PM

To quote from Andrew

If you have recently registered but found you haven't had your registration approved this will most probably be because of the choice of username.

As clearly stated, on the registration form:

When you register your account, each account is manually approved by the site team
. This means that your account isn't instantly available. If you join with a sensible name that will allow us to approve your account much more rapidly. We have had to introduce this measure because of so many spam registrations.

I've been looking at our 65 members awaiting validation but could only allow 5 to have a proper membership of this forum because the rest all failed to follow our requests for a suitable username.

There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users