• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Nickie

Nickie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 14 February 2010 - 03:00 PM

Hi guys Im really struggling here. We have bee teaching gcse humanities to year 9 top set since sept. They take the exam in june this year. I have have no scheme of work or assessment matierials. Although Ive looked at the specification a million times Im still confused. I feel mad because I dont want these kids to fail - I want to help themm. So Im asking you for help! If an exam question asks - 'Explain how the culture and beliefs of people living in the united kingdom are changing' where do I go with this - I have no resources or textbook and so far have made everthing myself. Are there resources for answering this question and what do I actually have to teach them so they will get a full 8 marks. Please help my heads going to explode!
Until lions have their historians, tales of the hunt shall always glorify the hunters. ~African Proverb

#2 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,428 posts

Posted 28 July 2012 - 04:54 PM

Hi Nickie,

I have some SOW that I've picked up from another department for GCSE Humanities. They may be of some use. If you still need help for next term, then please get in touch. I would post them here, but feel uneasy posting someone else's work.

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#3 neil mcdonald

neil mcdonald

Neil McDonald

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,589 posts

Posted 29 July 2012 - 12:43 PM

Which exam board is it?
Bernard Woolley: Have the countries in alphabetical order? Oh no, we can't do that, we'd put Iraq next to Iran.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bernard Woolley: That's one of those irregular verbs, isn't it? I give confidential security briefings. You leak. He has been charged under section 2a of the Official Secrets Act.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users