Photo
- - - - -

Citizenship Co-Ordinator.......trying tto co-ordinate.

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 paulwhite

paulwhite

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 26 posts

Posted 17 April 2010 - 05:55 PM

Hello

I became Citizenship Co-ordinator last year, and as a new role it had no job description. I was told that it would be decided at the end of this year whether or not the school would keep the role based on what I actually did!!

I am now incharge of a failing Citizesnhip dept (3 periods a fortnight), which replaced PSHE and RS Full course in the timetale (5 periods). Then the school told me that we have to offer the RS to the top two sets within out subject and also added Careers, sex ed and other random PSHE stuff for us to do. With thi over stuffed curriculum, we are 3 weeks off of final school deadline day for coursework and I still have had nothing in, despite all lesson time since January being given over. Its rubbish!!!

I tried a Citizenship Audit to see how the school is doing and got nothing back, and generally I am fighting the term "Shitizenship" from a lot of teachers and pupils, including my friend and HOD for History!!!!

However, I did organise a 24 hour sports challenge for Sports Relief which had over 100 pupils take part and earnt the charity £5000.

I was wondering if any other Cit Co-ordinators out there could give me a brief run down of their responsibilities etc

I have given a Proposal into the school to make the subject over 3 years (1 year short cource Cit and 2 years full course RS) and I think that would make life easier for a start.

Thanks for any advice.

Paul

Edited by paulwhite, 18 April 2010 - 11:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users