114 replies to this topic

#31 Jeremy H

Jeremy H

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:57 AM

Actually it could have been a dartboard, or maybe a bingo ball machine. Certainly it often didn't seem to involve any actual assessment of the worth of the studies produced by the candidates! Someone I met at a conference was convinced (quite seriously) that they didn't actually look at most of them and just gave them a spread of marks based on a probability distribution.

Can anyone remind us - how much is the A2 coursework worth please - having a bad day so far.

40 marks per piece - so 80 overall or 20% of the full A Level.

#32 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:59 AM

thanks - I knew the AS units were 50/50 but was unsure of the A2

#33 LouisaAndersen

LouisaAndersen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:29 PM

Does anyone know when the 2010/11 questions are going to be set?

#34 CD McKie

CD McKie

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 12:50 PM

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one. It would be good to find out as soon as possible so we can get on with some planning. Does anyone know?
To you who call yourselves men of peace, I say: You are not safe unless you have men of action on your side.

#35 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 04:44 PM

Sorry, I don't know the answer to that one. It would be good to find out as soon as possible so we can get on with some planning. Does anyone know?

I think last year they must have been out about this time as I have a hand out I gave to my returning year 12s with the questions on , and that was for their first lesson. However, I only found them by an alert form someone on here.
Jane

#36 MrsCMG

MrsCMG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 May 2010 - 07:23 PM

Last Year we got it about May/June time so keep watching. I know we had it before the end of June as we were able to look at the sources in depth before the students

#37 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 09:45 AM

Has anyone sent off their papers to be moderated yet. Our exams officer is still waiting for the address of the moderator and how many to be sent off.

#38 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:09 PM

We have just sent ours off. We were notified of the required sample by e-mail. Apparently they don't want us to send the Candidate Authentication Forms with the studies which seems very odd. If you have 10 or fewer candidates you simply send them all to the Moderator. Beware the draconian OCR requirements on declaration of word length etc, far stricter than e.g. AQA, which were the subject of a renewed OCR diktat a month or so ago.
In memory of my boyhood hero Jim Clark (1936-1968): 'Chevalier Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'.

#39 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 12:31 PM

thanks for the info mark - we have over 10 candidates and would have thought we would have heard bck as to which cndidates work they want to moderte??

#40 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 02:38 PM

We sent off the mark sheet to the moderator on Thursday last week and the moderator e-mailed our exams officer over the weekend with the requested sample. All very efficient. You imply that you have not had details of your moderator yet. That's very odd-the deadline for centre mark forms to reach the moderator was Saturday 15th May. I'd contact OCR, although from previous experience it's difficult to get much sense out of them on the phone as you can't get past their extremely nice-but-dim 'Customer Care Operatives' who haven't got a clue what you're talking about but promise that 'someone will ring you back'.
In memory of my boyhood hero Jim Clark (1936-1968): 'Chevalier Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'.

#41 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 19 May 2010 - 05:10 PM

hi again - yes, the OMR sheets have been sent off but just awaiting to hear from the actual Human moderator?

#42 LouisaAndersen

LouisaAndersen

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 20 May 2010 - 01:10 PM

We've heard back and had to send our sample. Nightmare getting the paperwork right and we sent the candidate authenitication forms anyway.

#43 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:49 PM

hi all - really starting to get worried now about the moderation of the coursework. we have sent the omr sheets back but have heard nothing from the moderator as to what scripts he/she wants.Is anyone else in the same position as us. Our exams oficer is getting fed up of me asking him!!

#44 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 03:57 PM

You should really have heard back from the moderator almost by return of post. You need to contact OCR and impress on the 'Customer Care Operative' you speak to (who probably won't have the faintest idea what you're on about) that it's a matter of urgency.

#45 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 26 May 2010 - 04:40 PM

Just got notified that the new version of the new F965 doc is out to show your candidates after they return. See here.My link

Looks very similar to the one we have just done this year for my topic (Vietnam). (This is not a complaint if you are from OCR, by the way.)JAne

Edited by Jenjane, 26 May 2010 - 04:42 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users