• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 DHartley

DHartley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 07:17 AM

I was wondering if anyone had taught this unit and had any good ideas/resources they would be willing to share? I have taught a few basic lessons on different types of sources, bias etc. If anyone has a SOW that worked well then I would be very grateful to recieve it! I can offer them ideas/resources in return on Germany or Vietnam.

#2 gemadams

gemadams

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 15 June 2010 - 04:54 PM

I was wondering if anyone had taught this unit and had any good ideas/resources they would be willing to share? I have taught a few basic lessons on different types of sources, bias etc. If anyone has a SOW that worked well then I would be very grateful to recieve it! I can offer them ideas/resources in return on Germany or Vietnam.

we did the work of the historian module, which to be honest has proved to be little more than a nightmare! We decided to teach it as a separate module, and tried to focus on giving the kids a set of steps to answer each question. However our lot really found it difficult to learn simply the skills without the content attached. We also found that with the exam last week, they seemed to spend so long trying to digest the content of the paper than actually answering it. (the exam last week was on British immigrants... where the heck did they get they get that from!?!?)

I have got some resources that you can have-will attach them once i've worked out how!

#3 DHartley

DHartley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 July 2010 - 09:40 AM

we did the work of the historian module, which to be honest has proved to be little more than a nightmare! We decided to teach it as a separate module, and tried to focus on giving the kids a set of steps to answer each question. However our lot really found it difficult to learn simply the skills without the content attached. We also found that with the exam last week, they seemed to spend so long trying to digest the content of the paper than actually answering it. (the exam last week was on British immigrants... where the heck did they get they get that from!?!?)

I have got some resources that you can have-will attach them once i've worked out how!

Hi Gemma. Thanks for your reply and I would be grateful for what you have!

#4 DHartley

DHartley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:43 AM

Hi Gemma. Thanks for your reply and I would be grateful for what you have!

#5 DHartley

DHartley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 17 December 2010 - 08:50 AM

The link below will take you to my TES page were I have uploaded lots of lesson ideas and a student booklet for your class to record their investigations. The way I ran the course was for students to gain experience of using sources through a variety of case studies on such topics as evacuation in WWII and the mystery of the Mary Celeste. I am currently doing revision with my year 10s for their exam in January so will post the lessons asap. If you have any further questions or want anymore of my case studies to use then drop me a message (I couldn't upload all). The link is:
http://www.tes.co.uk...uestAction/add/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users