Photo
- - - - -

Twitter / Facebook login?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Poll: Twitter / Facebook login? (21 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like these new features enabled?

1. I'm a history teacher - don't baffle me with this (2 votes [9.52%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 9.52%

2. Yes - could be useful as long as it doesn't cause me trouble (12 votes [57.14%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 57.14%

3. No thanks - I like the forum as it is (7 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 06:23 PM

Some of the new features in the latest release of the forum software allow us to switch on different ways of logging in. This means you can use your Twitter or Facebook login to get access to this forum as well. We don't retain or use your password or anything, the login system instead uses Twitter's or Facebook's site to login and send you back here.

I'm thinking of enabling these features as they could be useful, but before we do I wanted to gain some ideas. Would you find this feature useful? Is it worth us bothering with?

We'll let the vote decide :)

For those interested, you can also see all the new features for this update at: http://www.invisionp...d/whats_new.php

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 09:30 PM

Some of the new features in the latest release of the forum software allow us to switch on different ways of logging in. This means you can use your Twitter or Facebook login to get access to this forum as well. We don't retain or use your password or anything, the login system instead uses Twitter's or Facebook's site to login and send you back here.

I'm thinking of enabling these features as they could be useful, but before we do I wanted to gain some ideas. Would you find this feature useful? Is it worth us bothering with?

We'll let the vote decide :)

For those interested, you can also see all the new features for this update at: http://www.invisionp...d/whats_new.php

I don't see why this is needed, I don't think many people use Faceache professionally, thus I don't see the point. For Twitter it is easy to provide a link to a thread, thus once again is there any need? To be honest I have access to all three, thus can see why it is offered, therefore will not be put off if you decide to allow login access.
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#3 Guest_Nick Dennis_*

Guest_Nick Dennis_*
  • Guests

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:00 PM

I think it is a good idea as it should bring more people into the forum as they have one simple login. Will they have their full names?

#4 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,948 posts

Posted 21 June 2010 - 10:31 PM

I think it is a good idea as it should bring more people into the forum as they have one simple login. Will they have their full names?

I believe that you can pick your username, the login method is just that - you can still pick your own username if you haven't got an existing account or you can link the accounts together.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#5 Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

• Admin
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 23 June 2010 - 01:39 PM

I think we should "suck it and see". Give it a go, monitor the results. Why not?

"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good" - Stephen Colbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users