• Please log in to reply
83 replies to this topic

#76 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:16 PM

Saw on the news tonight that they traced it back to a street in Dudley. All a bit odd. The room we were sitting in has wooden floorboards that have been stained (properly, not with tea!). These all started to move about, and then the entire place started wobbling.

It was over in a few seconds, but unlike anything I've experienced before.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#77 Stephen Drew

Stephen Drew

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:32 PM

Rather ironic that the title of this thread, quite unrelated to the eathquake, is "try this out"! :lol:
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

#78 Dafydd Humphreys

Dafydd Humphreys

Thinking outside the box...

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,308 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:51 PM

I was fast asleep when this earthquake happened - cheesed off 'cause I'd gone on about the 1984 one in Wales to a geography cover class last week.

(Just testing a Drew-inspired over-pixellated avatar)

Edited to add - yikes!
My Youtube Channels: <a href="http://www.youtube.c...m/Learnhistory" target="_blank">LearnHistory</a> (RIP) :( and <a href="http://www.youtube.c.../Learnhistory2" target="_blank">LearnHistory2</a> and now <a href="http://www.youtube.c.../Learnhistory3" target="_blank">LearnHistory3</a>

#79 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 06:56 PM

Remember if you want to show such an image properly (without the squashing effect) you can always right click and view properties. Then you could like to the file name using the IMG button.

Althought I don't want to encourage the wholesale posting of images in terms of bandwidth consumption. The avatar stuff is very small (20k max) so not a problem. Need to be careful with larger / other images though.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#80 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 11:00 PM

These all started to move about, and then the entire place started wobbling.

The earth didn't move for me over near Bath :( or do I mean :rolleyes: ?

#81 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 11:01 PM

Althought I don't want to encourage the wholesale posting of images in terms of bandwidth consumption.  The avatar stuff is very small (20k max) so not  a problem.  Need to be careful with larger / other images though.

Whoops! Take the Ditchley Portrait off if you want.

#82 Stephen Drew

Stephen Drew

Stephen

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,071 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 11:07 PM

Perhaps you could put up a hyperlink to another site with the pic on instead?

Use up someone else's bandwith. :P
"The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts." - Bertrand Russell

#83 Carole Faithorn

Carole Faithorn

Carole

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,279 posts

Posted 23 September 2002 - 11:35 PM

Perhaps you could put up a hyperlink to another site with the pic on instead?

Use up someone else's bandwith. :P

'Tis done

#84 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 24 September 2002 - 07:06 PM

The only trouble with doing this is that you can give a domain a bad name. I know anyone I catch linking to my materials without credit - i.e. passing games off as their own without any mention of SchoolHistory whatsoever - is that I can ban the domain from using my site.

You might think this is small beer but I don't want SchoolHistory being blacklisted.

N.B. This is me being way overcautious though!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users