• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 20 October 2010 - 05:06 PM

Really sorry for the outage with the forum today - I've been busy at school and only noticed the problem when I finally got home. The hosts - http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk - fixed the issue literally in minutes.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 02:36 PM

Reached the end of the College day and found that this forum had gone down again Posted Image. Not sure what is going on at the moment but both this and the student forum have been going down from time to time. I've got both the Invision people (who write the forum software) and the web hosts to look into this further - I will report back when I know more.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#3 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 06:03 PM

Some of the forum settings have now been changed in an attempt to prevent future crashes - we'll wait and see over the next day or so :)

#4 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 08:23 PM

It is random.
This morning I could not get on the Teachers' forum, but could get on the History Help forum.
Tonight it is exactly the opposite - I can get on the Teachers' forum, but not on the History Help forum.

#5 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 09:56 PM

Both UnitedHosting.co.uk and the Invision people have been offering excellent help - there has now been a chance to the settings in both this and the studentforum which they believe will remove the issue. We'll wait and see.

#6 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 21 October 2010 - 10:11 PM

Both working fine now.

#7 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 22 October 2010 - 04:12 PM

Just got home from school and both forums seem to have been working well today. I've got a total of four forums working on the server but they have all been thoroughly checked to make sure everything is how it should be. A few settings have been adapted and tweaked but I'm still not convinced that the issue has been resolved. Just need to wait and see over the next few days.

#8 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 23 October 2010 - 03:06 PM

After some extensive testing and checking, the forum people (the excellent http://www.invisionboard.com) made the tweaks that have kept everything going - this seems to have worked. However, our hosts - http://www.unitedhosting.co.uk are also preparing to improve the server that I use for this site (and all the others my wife and I run). This will hopefully ensure issues encountered this week are prevented. In short we're moving to a more up to date server with more powerful features.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users