44 replies to this topic

#31 dave tems

dave tems

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Posted 26 September 2011 - 04:16 PM

great stuff! thank you
"For a man to achieve all that is demanded of him he must regard himself as greater than he is"

Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

#32 welshie

welshie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 07:43 PM

Thank you soooooooooooooooooo much! I think you and your team are amazing :teacher:

Hi Folks,

These resources are constantly under review and are by no means perfect but I would like to thank the following people for helping to suggest ideas, redraft ideas and put a lot of effort into themselves in creating some of the resources:

Dale Harden, Andrew Hill, Ben Walsh, Kathryn McNeil and Dan Moorehouse.

I would also like to thanks Steven Jolly and the Dearne High School for the inspiration that they have given me in developing these revision and AFL packs.

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:

PS The first one, which desparately needs reviewing was teh USA in the 1920s, but with all resources its the AFL methodology that turns it into an all singing and dancing lesson.

#33 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 03:19 PM

Hi Folks,

In order to create a learning dialogue with our students were been trying to get them to set themselves targets based upon their performance in the AFL packs that I've included in this seminar.

Please see the attached file for a a booklet that we print off for them to complete. The aim would be to get them to pick a core skill or type of question from each booklet / topic. I would recommen that they should complete one of these every 2 weeks so that you have evidence of the dialogue in addition to the peer / self assessment that should be signed by pupils as they mark each question.

If you add this into the AFL packs then you will have a fully funchioning AFL policy for GCSE. You should be able to monitor the results. The kids really enjoy plotting them on their graph. I would recommend getting them to draw a line across the % for their target grade so that they / Ofsted inspectors have another visual representation of their current progress!

Attached File  History Assessment for Learning Review.pptx   93.46K   352 downloads

Kind Regards

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#34 Matthew J

Matthew J

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 18 February 2012 - 09:46 AM

Hi

I have only just joined the forum as a member although I have followed the discussions regularly for some time. I would just like to say that these resources are absolutely first class and thankyou for making them avaliable for myself and others to make use of.

#35 Karen P

Karen P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:29 PM

thank you these look great and will help some of my lower ability pupils to understand source work - thanks for sharing them.

#36 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 15 December 2012 - 08:40 PM

Hi Foks,

I've just created the attached pupil dialogue sheets to go with my AFL Booklets.

The idea of the first page is that students draw a line across the graph to plot their target grade. They then plot their achievement and fill in the chart.

I've then designed a different pupil dialogue sheets for 4, 6 and 10 point questions for the International Relations Questions for OCR. They tick each the levels they have achieved and then write a summary from their peer and / or teacher assessment of their next steps.

It works. I've also designed one for the source based paper which I think I've already posted. There are lots of flaws, but I've not been able to tweak things up as we have just come out of Special Measures. However, I would like to add that I was observed 6 times and graded outstanding each time using these AFL resources. The HMI and Ofsted inspectors oved them.

Anyway, have fun and please keep on sharing. I'm pretty burnt out at the moment but I'm looking forward to getting back to life without Ofsted!

Attached File  AFL Pupil Dialogue Records 2.pptx   112.57K   186 downloads
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#37 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 01 September 2013 - 03:33 PM

Hi Folks,

Please find attached a revised copy of my new AFL Pack for the OCR Liberal Reforms.  I have spent the past two weeks struggling to interpret the new specimen papers and mark schemes produced by OCR for their reinforced MWH syllabus. I have included some new content on why the Liberals won the 1906 election and have adapted several past papers to fit the new style of exam questions.

Please note this resource has not be field tested yet, if the new AFL mark schemes and guides work I will tweak them up and adapted them for the rest of the course.  If you decide to use this resource, please first download the specimen Britain 1890 - 1918 exam paper and mark scheme and discuss its content with your department.

Have fun and if you do use them and spot some mistakes or feel that they can be improved, then please contact me or post in this forum. Its hard being the first person to try and wade a new path through a jungle.  It is very hard to see the day light between a L4 & L5 on some of the mark schemes.  Hopefully, once we have some more examples after the first exam in 2015 we will be able to refine them for 2016.

Attached File  Front Page.doc   210K   29 downloads

Attached File  Liberal Reforms.doc   4.64MB   58 downloads

Kind Regards

PS Please use the old version of the Liberal Reforms AFL pack above with your exam groups for 2014.

#38 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 29 September 2013 - 05:41 PM

Hi Folks,

Please find attached an updated Revision / Assessment for Learning Pack for the OCR MWH International Relations - Treaty of Versailles.

Please note that the mark schemes have been adapted to suit the new spec using the sample mark schemes and questions for the new series from Sep 2013 onwards.  If you need an earlier version for pre 2013 then please look in one of my previous postings above.

Attached File  Were_the_Peace_Treaties_of_1919_Cover_Mex.doc   155.5K   28 downloads

Attached File  1 T of V Revision Booklet.doc   1.47MB   45 downloads

Attached File  2 Questions and Mark Schemes for T of V.doc   1.65MB   27 downloads

Kind Regards

Edited by Roy Huggins, 29 September 2013 - 05:42 PM.

#39 Karen P

Karen P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 09:24 PM

Are you doing cold war or Usa as AFL for those would be fab.

#40 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

Hi Karen,

I have new AFL booklet for the USA in the 1920s to upload shortly, but it will be for the old GCSE.  I plan to do the USA 1945 onwards as an AFL pack for next summer.

Kind Regards

Roy

#41 Karen P

Karen P

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 05:26 PM

that would be fab, thanks

#42 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:04 PM

Hi Folks,

Please find attached a revised version of my USA in the 1920s AFL booklet.  This is designed for examination in 2014.

I will not be teaching this topic again as I'm switching to USA post 2WW with OCR next year.  I will post a revised New Deal version after xmas.

Revision Booklet

Attached File  New AFL Revision USA in the 1920s V 3.docx   3.65MB   73 downloads

Questions and AFL Mark Schemes

Attached File  Questions & Mark schemes.docx   1.7MB   27 downloads

Kind Regards

PS My best work yet on the 1920s

Edited by Roy Huggins, 19 November 2013 - 09:37 PM.

#43 jengibbo

jengibbo

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 08:38 PM

Thanks Roy will be using some of the ideas for my lessons next week.

Jennifer

#44 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hi Folks,

I just realised that I forgot to add the questions and mark schemes for the above USA in the 1920s AFL Pack:

Attached File  Questions & Mark schemes.docx   1.7MB   30 downloads

Kind Regards

#45 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 15 December 2013 - 08:53 PM

Hi Folks,

Please find attached an updated version of my AFL pack for Votes for women.

This pack has been changed to take into account the latest changes for the new strengthen syllabus from September 2013 and should not be used with students who are still studying the old syllabus.

There have been a number of important changes and I would recommend that everyone visits the OCR website for further details.

I have edited the mark schemes and changed the style of questions in the pack to reflect my understanding of the changes.  I have deliberately included the sample questions provided by OCR so that my students can compare their answers and my mark schemes with those provided by OCR. 

Having intensively studied the syllabus and the new mark schemes and questions, I would draw everyone's attention to the new style of Q5 which is now designed to be a lot broader in its scope.  Students will now be expected to draw upon their knowledge for the full period 1890 - 1918 as well as when necessary,  the other topics that they have studied for Britain 1890 - 1918.

Please feel free to edit, change and share with other colleagues. This booklet has been produced in collaboration with other schools.  Why reinvent the wheel? If you have the time, I would greatly appreciate feedback.

Kind Regards

Attached Files

Edited by Roy Huggins, 15 December 2013 - 08:54 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users