42 replies to this topic

#1 rachla412

rachla412

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 13 April 2011 - 08:04 PM

Hey everyone.

Just been nosing on the OCR Interchange and the new questions are out for next year! They seem interesting!

In case anyone doesn't have access they are as follows:

Task 1: The Role of the Individual in History - How important was individual X compared to impersonal factor Y in Z?

Task 2: A Thematic Study in Twentieth Century History - Did changes in X happen at the same rate over the period Y?

Task 3: A Modern World Study - Why has X become such an important issue in the last Y years?

Task 4: A Study in Depth - Why was there X between Y and Z during the period A?

Happy Easter!

#2 jilljam

jilljam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 14 April 2011 - 07:05 PM

Hey everyone.

Just been nosing on the OCR Interchange and the new questions are out for next year! They seem interesting!

Task 1: The Role of the Individual in History - How important was individual X compared to impersonal factor Y in Z?

Task 2: A Thematic Study in Twentieth Century History - Did changes in X happen at the same rate over the period Y?

Task 3: A Modern World Study - Why has X become such an important issue in the last Y years?

Happy Easter!

Oh god.....head already hurts thinking of how i am going to fill in the gaps X, Y, Z and A!!! Once again am I the only one who would just love OCR to give us a bunch of acceptable questions for us to run with?!

#3 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 16 April 2011 - 02:26 PM

Hey everyone.

Happy Easter!

Oh god.....head already hurts thinking of how i am going to fill in the gaps X, Y, Z and A!!! Once again am I the only one who would just love OCR to give us a bunch of acceptable questions for us to run with?!

A Study In Depth - Germany - now I'll just work on that last part!

#4 jilljam

jilljam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 17 April 2011 - 09:08 PM

Hey everyone.

Happy Easter!

Me too for the Germany study in depth, let me know if you work out any X, Y, Z and A that fit!

#5 Kay Devonshire

Kay Devonshire

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 11:36 AM

Me too for the Germany study in depth, let me know if you work out any X, Y, Z and A that fit!
[/quote]

I'm a bit stumped - any ideas??

Kay

#6 jilljam

jilljam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 18 April 2011 - 07:31 PM

Just had another look on interchange. They have suggested as an example for role of individual ' How important were the personal qualities of Hitler compared to the Depression in the Nazis coming to power in 1933'

#7 marie w

marie w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 27 April 2011 - 06:58 PM

Hey everyone.

Happy Easter!

Please help -really stuck for Germany 1919-1939 - Have sent off a few ideas to OCR nothing back yet - but all seem very vague and not clear (mostly pre 1932) I worry are very weak students will struggle again this year - seems CA does not help the less able and it makes history more for the so called bright students which I personally dislike.

Why can't they just send out suggestions...?

Edited by marie w, 27 April 2011 - 06:58 PM.

#8 Wills

Wills

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:10 PM

I'm stuck for USA 1890-1945 :-(((

#9 johnwayne

johnwayne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 02 May 2011 - 09:56 PM

I'm stuck for USA 1890-1945 :-(((

me too. we tend to do hoover and FDR with the depression and the new deal. any one else doing the usa please?

#10 marie w

marie w

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 31 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 07:26 PM

I had one idea back -

Why was there some tension between young people and Nazi Regime between 1934-45?

Peoples thoughts on this?

USA Topic -

Something about conflict Over new deal?

#11 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 04 May 2011 - 09:05 PM

It has to be said, the choices are crap and designed to trip us up.

#12 jilljam

jilljam

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 152 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:24 AM

I had one idea back -

Why was there some tension between young people and Nazi Regime between 1934-45?

Peoples thoughts on this?

USA Topic -

Something about conflict Over new deal?

I like the tension theme, however I am not sure there is enough scope by just concentrating on young people. Also, was there much tension, didn't the majority of youth enjoy their status, Hitler Youth etc?

#13 JohnP

JohnP

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 218 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:01 PM

How about sticking with the same one we did this year and presenting it to OCR as "our own" idea? Is this permitted?

#14 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,408 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 07:35 PM

Hummmmm - gut reaction brainstorm:

How about:

Task 3: A Modern World Study - Why has terrorism become such an important issue in the last 10 years?

Task 4: A Study in Depth - Why was there an increase in intolerance between the German people and the Jews during the period 1918 - 1938?

Not too sure about Task 4 - Quite like the one about the role of the individual, te depressiona nd teh rise of Hitler.

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#15 HollyS

HollyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 05 May 2011 - 08:23 PM

Hi all - I did terrorism as a study in depth last year and am going to do what Roy just suggested - do the moidern world study - why has terrorism become such an important issue. Seems like I will be collecting articles on Bin Laden for a while! Does anyone know if you have to get approval for the question every year?
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users