• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Pip

Pip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 06:54 AM

Does anyone do Elizabeth I for their coursework option under OCR History A, I taught it this year and struggled a little, this year is going to be much harder as we have a much weaker cohort coming through. I just wondered if any one would be willing to share resources/SOW (even if its not Elizabeth) just so I get some ideas on how others have tackled this module.

Thank you in advance!

#2 lynne stewart

lynne stewart

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 June 2011 - 05:57 PM

Does anyone do Elizabeth I for their coursework option under OCR History A, I taught it this year and struggled a little, this year is going to be much harder as we have a much weaker cohort coming through. I just wondered if any one would be willing to share resources/SOW (even if its not Elizabeth) just so I get some ideas on how others have tackled this module.

Thank you in advance!

I do use the OCR student text book,and Andy Harmesworth's "Elizabethan England" as we do AQA. But I had to fill in lots of gaps left by the recomended text books AQA recomended. So I gave my year 11s my notes taken from Barbra Mervyn and AS/A2 books. The AQA paper on Elizabeth was very narrow in scope, hope OCR was better!

#3 sian

sian

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

Hi
I am teaching it for the first time this year and am struggling too I have the Mervyn text book, the AQA one and the reign of Elizabeth by Simpson.
The rest I am looking up from other books and articles.
This is the first time I am doing the course work module as my HoD is on long term sick leave (2 years) and there is nobody else to ask. So if I can help feel free to get in touch. Though not sure if I can.
Have the first essay due into mark nect week fingers crossed Ive taught them well, and I can decipher the mark scheme

SIan

#4 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 04:55 PM

Hi
I do Vietnam and have produced a booklet and put it on the forum here

Guidance that has been gathered from this website and some stuff from OCR too and examples from students' work. Mostly generic so might be helpful.
Jane

#5 Juana La Loca

Juana La Loca

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

Posted 11 February 2012 - 09:40 PM

For Elizabeth get Christopher Haigh 'Elizabeth I' Profiles in Power. Each chapter deals with an element of the course. The Bibliographical essay at the back is great for the interpretations part of the course. Haigh writes well and is funny. The students can see how a historian supports his/her analysis with specific evidence.

And yes, I admit it, I have been just a tiny bit in love with Haigh since he came to address an HA meeting when I was in the VIth form hundreds of years ago and opened my eyes to the idea that historians disagreed with each other! A revelation in the days of three hour A level papers spent regurgitating notes in essay form.

Catherine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users