37 replies to this topic

#16 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 07:03 AM

Thats great - hope they give you the green light :-)
Donald

#17 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 08:38 AM

Sounds great this Network but it's still too far away for Durham and Northumberland. Perhaps a North Northern Network branch needed ;)
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

#18 MissKay

MissKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 22 September 2011 - 10:18 AM

I'd be really really interested in this, not least because I can be home from Holmfirth in an hour and a half. ;)

I will speak to my SLT tomorrow and let you know.

That should be half an hour. Although I would obviously still be keen if it was an hour and a half away. Honest.

#19 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 29 September 2011 - 04:56 PM

Can I apologise again if emails are bouncing back from the school email system - I've no idea what is going on with our email server!

Try this as an alternative and apologies again:
historymagic@googlemail.com

DC

#20 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 08:26 AM

Perhaps a North Northern Network branch needed ;)

count me into the "In the wild border regions of the" North Northern Network
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#21 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 09:28 AM

maybe we should try and run it with a video conference feed so our most tundran colleagues can join in as well..! i'll get the it wizards on the case to see what they can do.

#22 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,497 posts

Posted 30 September 2011 - 06:39 PM

Video Conference brilliant!
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

#23 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 03 October 2011 - 07:06 PM

Thank you to everyone who came along tonight to the first NHN meeting - looking forward to seeing you all in November for the second meeting!
Donald

#24 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 14 November 2011 - 02:16 PM

Time is flying far too fast and...the second meeting of the Northern History Network is almost here.

When? Monday 21st Nov
Where? All Saints Catholic College, Huddersfield

Theme: Active Citizens (with a Suffragette project in mind, ideal for KS2/3 cross phase delights)

We're looking forward to seeing everyone who has signed up - and there is always space if you'd like to join us.

Feel free to contact me here if you'd like to know more.

Hope to see you next Monday
Donald

:-)

#25 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 04:02 PM

Afternoon one and all!

The next Northern History Network meeting is on Monday 5th March, 4-6pm here at Holmfirth High School.

The National Archives will be working with us during the meeting - and it should be extremely interesting! Its also great just to have the chance to talk about our own subject with others of a like mind.

New folks are welcome of course - please contact me at school if you'd like to come along.

I've also attached a proposal for a Suffragette centenary idea which came out of our last meeting - we didn't want 100 years of the Suffragettes to pass unheralded, and also think there is great scope to research local Suffragettes. We have a range of ideas and it will hopefully culminate in an event in June 2013. Anyone (and everyone) is welcome to get involved! Have a read and let me know if you think you would like to join in too... It should/could be great fun!

Donald

Attached Files

#26 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 26 June 2012 - 09:43 AM

The next meeting of the Northern History Network is on
July 9th

Our guest is Mike Maddison, HMI/Ofsted guru for History.

More details: http://northernhisto...k.edublogs.org/

Would love to see you there - get in touch if you're interested or would like to know more!

DC

Edited by donald cumming, 26 June 2012 - 09:43 AM.

#27 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 09:30 PM

Details for the 2012/13 Northern History Network are finally organised:

Thursday 4th October: ‘Is that the time?! Active approaches to chronology’

A chronology special in conjunction with the Historical Association & Leeds Trinity. The NHN session will be led by Donald Cumming on making chronology active. There will be other keynote speakers to enjoy as part of this event.

Venue: Leeds City Museum, 4-730pm

Monday 3rd December: Sharing ideas: a NHN Teach Meet

We need your ideas as we will be running a network Teach Meet! If you have a Twitter account please bring your smart phones and iPads along ready to use them!

+ ICT at KS4

Venue: tbc, 4-6pm

Monday 25th February: Ian Dawson – the man behind the severed ear…

We are lucky to have Ian join us in what he claims is his last CPD event for teachers… It’s a real honour as his influence on what we do is immense. He is the author of many textbooks, he has constantly fought for the position of History through his work in the Schools History Project, he’s behind the great ideas on the ThinkingHistory website, and he is also a thoroughly nice chap!

Monday 1st July: Life after the National Curriculum?

A look at developments and new directions…

This will be a chance for us to explore the implications of any new developments for our subject – and do some practical planning around them.

Venue: tbc, 4-6pm

Like to find out more or sign up? Please drop me an email! It would be great to see you there!

http://northernhisto...k.edublogs.org/

#28 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 01:48 PM

Afternoon all,

Just a quick update about the rest of the meetings this year as its taken me a while to get all the details finalised.

The website has the full key info (eg venues) but the most exciting part is that the University of Huddersfield have very kindly offered to do short 'academic updates' at each meeting, letting us stay up to date with research and news from the specialties of their staff. Bringing university and school colleagues together is important - and something that doesn't happen nearly enough, which is strange when you consider what we have in common and what we can learn from each other!

Hope its of interest

DC

#29 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 04 December 2012 - 05:27 PM

Evening all!

NHN blog updated with info about a free CPD opportunity offered by IWM Duxford in the summer.

NHN blog

Also, if you know of any good History specific apps please add them as comments on the blog

DC

Ian Dawson is our guest in the new year meeting - its going to be great!

#30 donald cumming

donald cumming

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 744 posts

Posted 18 December 2012 - 02:39 PM

Hope it will be of interest to people - the Northern History Network blog is being re-housed and re-started over the festive period. Anything useful and History-related I come across will make its way onto there - as well as Network info too. And of course the easy-to-add-to local Suffragette wiki project is on there - complete with fail safe instructions ;-)

http://www.holmfirth....phtml?d=222468 should get you there

:)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users