2 replies to this topic

#1 Hetty

Hetty

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 16 September 2011 - 09:12 AM

Hi
I have a student hoping to take SAT's and study in the US next year. however we could really do with any advice from people who have helped students prepare. What sort of preparation is best? Can you recommend any websites or guides she could buy in the UK?? Thanks, Hetty.

#2 Richard Smart

Richard Smart

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 06 December 2011 - 03:08 PM

Hi;
I teach in Maryland in the USA, and used to teach in the UK. We recommend that students begin at the collegeboard website: http://sat.collegeboard.org/home. There are links to practice questions and to the huge college board book with practice tests in it. Students here do take classes to help with prep - I personally think that the practice tests are the best way to go. They have diagnostics that go with them to help students identify points of weakness.

Feel free to message me or reply here if you have any other questions...
Richard

Hi
I have a student hoping to take SAT's and study in the US next year. however we could really do with any advice from people who have helped students prepare. What sort of preparation is best? Can you recommend any websites or guides she could buy in the UK?? Thanks, Hetty.

Richard Smart
Oakland Mills High School
Columbia, MD, USA.

http://learningsmart.org

"There is a forgotten, nay almost forbidden word, which means more to me than any other. That word is England." - Sir Winston Churchill

#3 Russell Courts

Russell Courts

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 240 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:13 AM

I agree 100% with Richard. Collegeboard publish a book which has real tests. It is called the Official Study Guide, and is excellent.

There are also people out there who will give advice, even give lessons online through Skype. Obviously there are lots of charlatans, but I actually know of a couple who are very good (not particularly cheap, but you get what you pay for)

PM me if you are interested in getting in touch with them.

Edited by Russell Courts, 06 March 2012 - 08:16 AM.

I think I'll have strawberry...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users