Photo
- - - - -

NQTs - who can taste the Christmas break?!

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Kat Kearey

Kat Kearey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 04 December 2011 - 04:23 PM

How are we all getting on? I'm really pleased - I feel like I've learned so much and I'm really getting a handle on everything. Definitely feel happy at my school and confident I made the right career choice ... although predictably the workload is getting me down.

#2 Kat Kearey

Kat Kearey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 05:06 PM

How are we all getting on? I'm really pleased - I feel like I've learned so much and I'm really getting a handle on everything. Definitely feel happy at my school and confident I made the right career choice ... although predictably the workload is getting me down.

No-one?!

#3 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,497 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 07:54 AM

No-one?!

Suspect NQTs are exhausted after what has probably been the toughest 14 weeks of their lives!
Well done to all. Enjoy rediscovering your friends.
:wine:
:jump
:beer:
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

#4 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,187 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 08:49 AM

Ditto.

My first term was so hard and so stressful that for the last three weeks, I had a calendar in my stock cupboard, and I resorted to crossing off the days as we counted down to the end of term.
For the last week I made myself a new calendar, showing the week lesson by lesson, and crossed off each lesson as I finished it!

You are amazing, and I salute you!
Well Done, and enjoy your well-earned Christmas break.

One term down, only 125 still to do.

#5 Kat Kearey

Kat Kearey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 11:12 AM

Thank you both, I am looking forward to plenty of R&R once the last two days next week are out of the way!

#6 Tom Taylor

Tom Taylor

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 December 2011 - 04:34 PM

I'm glad to hear you sounding positive about the profession - it really is the best job in the world.

Also, don't worry about the 'workload' - it does get a little better with time as you build a repertoire of activities etc.

Merry xmas

[Advert removed from signature - please contribute to the forum before using it to advertise commercial products]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users