• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Steve L

Steve L

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 23 posts

Posted 24 December 2011 - 12:32 PM

I was wondering what questions those of you who take the OCR GCSE A953 Modern World Study Controlled Assessment have set this year. The question template this year is copied below:

Why has X had a lasting influence in Y?

Use the sources you have researched and your knowledge of your Modern World Study to support and explain your answer.

I teach a year 11, middle to lower ability, set and am a bit worried that the topic we have previously taught (Israeli-Palestinian relations) may not engage them as much as, say, the American Civil Rights Movement. I donít have a text book in either case but am hoping to pick up a set cheaply. Any ideas would be gratefully received.

Merry Christmas in any case to all forum members.

#2 MJo

MJo

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 06:59 PM

We have done China for a long time and to be honest we're looking to change; in fact that's why I'm browsing this forum to pick up some ideas! Our version of the question is 'Why has the one child policy had a lasting influence in China'; we are going to need to update our sources too :(

#3 Sally Thorne

Sally Thorne

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 375 posts

Posted 18 January 2012 - 07:02 PM

We have done, "Why has the West had a lasting influence on Afghanistan?"

We don't use a text book because we can't find one we like. We've created our own resources. The kids engage with it well and we have some stuff in there on the Arab-Israeli conflict, naturally.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users