2 replies to this topic

#1 suzygudgeon

suzygudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 01:58 PM

My school is in the process of a massive rebuild and as part of that rebuild we are having a masterclass built that can hold up to 100 students, has mobile IT facilities, breakaway areas and ameican style desk chairs.
I have been askd to do some action reseach on how this space can be used effectively.
I have never done any action research and am a little lost as to where to begin or how to go about it. Any help or advice greatly appreciated!

#2 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 04:03 PM

Hi Suzy,

there's quite a bit online about Action Research - you could do a lot worse than look here http://www.edu.plymo...arch/arhome.htm

Put very simply it just means doing some reading about the situation you're in, trying some things out, assessing what worked and what didn't and why, and then doing a bit more reading and trying to refine what you're doing even further.

There's a good book by Bell, which might help, but it's pointed at people who are writing up what they're doing. http://www.amazon.co...ASIN=0335235824

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#3 DHartley

DHartley

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Posted 04 January 2012 - 07:12 PM

Hi Suzy.

I have completed a couple of Action Research projects in the past. Attached is one from my PGCE (a few years ago now!) which should help you with how to break it down into sections/headings. Obviously ammend the headings to suit your particular study.

Hope this helps.

Dan

Attached Files

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users