1 reply to this topic

#1 Jackie Topham

Jackie Topham

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 04:36 PM

Right let me start by saying I thought the content was ok (if very narrow)
My big worry, which is making me question our future with Edexcel is literacy needed to answer the questions. Every single question seemed to have at least one word designed to catch the less able students out e.g Q1 "changes in communication" why not just say how they spread and shared ideas?
They also seem to have moved away from the bullet stimuli of Q3+ 4 to paragraphs of text to help (so students have to spend time idetifying the themes)- Had we known it was going to be this format we would have practiced this skill.
In short I am sure Mr Gove would love this paper..

I'm loathed to up sticks and swap boards as the support given by Mark B at the board has always been excellent but are other boards medicine papers as difficult? Could anyone upload a copy of a OCR and AQA medicine paper from the last couple of years so I can get an idea?

Thanks

Jackie

#2 David Bryant

David Bryant

Advanced Member

• Admin
  • 290 posts

Posted 17 January 2012 - 05:49 PM

Could anyone upload a copy of a OCR and AQA medicine paper from the last couple of years so I can get an idea?
Thanks

Jackie

OCR GCSE SHP History A Papers etc. up to January 2011 available here.

AQA GCSE History A Papers etc. from June 1010 available here.

For what it's worth, I think AQA may be written in a less challenging way than OCR, but others with more experience will be able to give more detailed advice.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users