Well done Roy!

#33 Richard Fitzsimmons

Richard Fitzsimmons

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:26 AM

Roy,

although I have never met you, you are an inspiration for all in this forum: your good sense, your ability to cut through the guff of modern educational jargon, and your ideas really ought to have you canonised as not only teacher of the year, but perhaps of the century. All my colleagues in the department have learned tremendously from your work. Keep going!

regards
Richard
'The Historians, therefore, are the most useful people and the best teachers' - Martin Luther 1485-1546

#34 stephanie

stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 11:48 AM

Hear Hear!

@_miss_moss_

#35 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:29 PM

Many thanks, I'm just a bog standard history teacher whose lucky enough to have worked in a challenging school for 20 years. Necessity is the mother of all invention!

Roy :jester:
"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#36 Meg1

Meg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 05:27 PM

All of the information on this thread is fantastic, so useful!

We have been encouraged at our place to create a "Student Information Mat" which I have attached an example of (names etc taken off). It is essentially a seating plan which includes working at grades from the reports throughout the year, target grades and SEN, G&T etc. I have used it for observations this year and it is an easy way of including some of the key information needed in observations under the new framework. I really like the idea of an active learning file, and I will definitely be putting these together for September.

Attached File  SIM blank.docx   95.66K   190 downloads

#37 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 01 July 2012 - 10:05 PM

Hi Meg,

You mat idea would work really well in an active learning file. All you would need is your SEN, G & T and to make your differentiation explict.

So do you seat you students by ability or do the break away into ability groups?

Kind Regards

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

#38 Meg1

Meg1

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 03 July 2012 - 09:27 PM

Depends on the class to be honest...the example I gave has a few behaviour problems so as the year has progressed I have moved pupils around to various parts of the class. For other classes, especially those higher up the school I have specific groupings based on ability/one person leading the learning etc. so I duplicate my version of this and indicate which seating plan to refer to on my lesson plan. I also attach relevant data sheets, including specific learning support plans which are relevant. I think my summer holidays will be taken up preparing all of these type of things for each of my classes next year! I have only had the chance to complete a few this academic year.

#39 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 06:04 PM

It will be worth the effort! You can print most of this information off in sims if your school uses it!

#40 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:18 PM

Well Roy, this thread might just save my bacon - we're being OFSTED'ed on Wednesday, and I'll be borrowing some ideas from here!

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#41 Ms Ali

Ms Ali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 06:58 PM

Well Roy, this thread might just save my bacon - we're being OFSTED'ed on Wednesday, and I'll be borrowing some ideas from here!

Good luck!

#42 Louise OG

Louise OG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

We're being done tomorrow!

#43 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,439 posts

Posted 09 July 2012 - 09:37 PM

Good luck to both of you - make sure you give your students opportunities to share their learning so as to make their progress explicit! Keep me updated as to how you get on!

Kind Regards

#44 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:00 AM

We're being done tomorrow!

Break a leg Louise :)

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#45 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 10 July 2012 - 05:01 AM

Good luck to both of you - make sure you give your students opportunities to share their learning so as to make their progress explicit! Keep me updated as to how you get on!

Kind Regards

Thanks Roy - I'll let us all know what their take was :)

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users