20 replies to this topic

#16 Emma Chatten

Emma Chatten

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Thanks for sharing Andy.

I've used this with my department to show them how we could do our assessments. I'll upload any feedback sheets when we've done them.

#17 Lauren Conway

Lauren Conway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

This isn't as helpful as the other resources that have been posted but for anyone looking to brighten up their room here's a little key concept display I made at the beginning of the year :)

Attached Files

#18 Drew

Drew

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 21 October 2012 - 03:54 PM

All very impressive - but if I am reading developments correctly, the reform of the National Curriculum at KS3 will do away with level descriptors in history and replace with what is being decribed as: Tangible learning objectives: The focus here is on authentic learning rather than on the acquisition of labels associated with abstract and over-generalised levels.

Something the HA confirms and seems to pretty much agree with - no more having to fit kids into 'boxes'.

#19 Jayne Linighan

Jayne Linighan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 05:43 PM

Thank you.

#20 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 08:04 AM

I'm really worried about this new approach - I fear standardised testing is coming our way.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#21 lbaker

lbaker

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 19 April 2013 - 09:49 AM

I have been having another look at the proposed new KS3 curriculum, does anybody know whether we are meant to cover all the listed topics or just a selection of them?  Clearly there are the two main themes development of modern nation and 20th century can we adjust what we cover within these themes?  Do we have to use the themes?  The more I look at it the worse it gets!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users