Photo
- - - - -

What was the Domesday Book and what were its purposes?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 suzygudgeon

suzygudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:09 PM

I am desperately trying to plan an exciting lesson on 'What was the Domesday Book and what were its purposes? -The lesson is only 25 minutes long and having spent the last two hours on it and have still yet to come up with anything - can anyone help?

#2 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 956 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:20 PM

25 mins? Is it for an interview?

If it is, could you play on the fact that you (like William) don't know anything about them. Appoint one person from each block of tables (or rows) to write down some basic facts about them and send them up to you. You can then work out how much you're going to tax them (or something) based on the response?

Not much, but it might be a spark you can build something from?

#3 suzygudgeon

suzygudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 09:36 PM

It is for an interview with 10 students - some who are dyslexic and one autistic. Its a great idea Dave - I just seem to be going round and round in circles and panicking how I am going to get a starter, main activity, plenary and show progression in 25 minutes!

#4 suzygudgeon

suzygudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 10:35 PM

This is what I have come up with so far - mainly discussion based as only 25 minutes. Any feedback/criticism would be greatly appreciated!

Attached Files

#5 HollyS

HollyS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 186 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:45 PM

Looks ok - can you highlight some of the info in the bot about SOuthhampton to make it stand out a bit - the text is very dense
There are some video clips on line at learning curve focus on domesday that show a reeve and a commissioner explaining what they did and why - it was the best I have managed on Domesday so far - after 11 years teaching it - it is still the lesson I want to ditch and change every year!
Hollys

This is what I have come up with so far - mainly discussion based as only 25 minutes. Any feedback/criticism would be greatly appreciated!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users