4 replies to this topic

#1 Elle

Elle

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 08:14 AM

I am stepping down as Head of History, RE and Sociology and have decided to apply for teaching jobs elsewhere, my current application letter is for HoD jobs, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to include in my new letter.

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

#2 caldwell

caldwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 07:42 PM

I am stepping down as Head of History, RE and Sociology and have decided to apply for teaching jobs elsewhere, my current application letter is for HoD jobs, and I was wondering if anyone could give me some advice on what to include in my new letter.

Are you intent on leaving your present school? I assume the demands of your post are ridiculous - hence your decision.
I would have thought, however, that a letter of application would have to be school and post specific.

#3 Elle

Elle

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 708 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 08:12 AM

It will, but I just want a general idea/ help.

You're scared of mice and spiders, but oh-so-much greater is your fear that one day the two species will cross-breed to form an all-powerful race of mice-spiders, who will immobilize human beings in giant webs in order to steal cheese.

#4 suzygudgeon

suzygudgeon

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:51 AM

I don't think you need to explain why you have made the decision as to why you want to go back to be a teacher without added responsibilities. Still include your ethos and thoughs on teaching and yor success and tailor it to he specific school/job role. Its what I did

#5 Lesley Ann

Lesley Ann

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 2,481 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 04:28 PM

Focus on:

Teaching and learning with examples of your outstanding lessons
FFTA - VA successes
AfL use of to raise attainment
Raising profile of history in community, transition link - primary & 6th form
ICT & VLE
Extra-curricular you would offer - trips, clubs, abroad
Career development hopes

Moving from HoD to teaching - just say you prefer the T&L side over the Leading and Managing side - how you love being in the classroom

Good Luck
:luck:
Carpe Diem - Seize the Day

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users