4 replies to this topic

#1 Alan Townsend

Alan Townsend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:04 PM

Hi Everyone,

I am a third year student at UWIC (Cardiff Met) currently doing my BA (Hons) Education Studies Dissertation. The topic i am researching is based around teachers perceptions of teaching strategies within secondary history. For the data collection area, i am seeking participants who teach secondary history to fill in a short anonymous questionnaire about the topic. I realise this may not be an ideal way of asking and apologise if this isn't accepted on this forum however I would be grateful for any responses via private mail / e-mail and can guarantee anonymity. I have attached a brief outline of what i am trying to achieve and what my intentions are. I also have a copy of my questionnaire to send out should anyone want to view it.

Edit: Online version via google forms available (thanks to Dave suggesting!) and the link is below.

https://docs.google....5VUF6ZHRURUE6MQ

Thank you very much for reading.

Attached Files

Edited by Alan Townsend, 23 February 2012 - 11:33 AM.

#2 DaveStacey

DaveStacey

Long-term Member

• Admin
  • 957 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 11:01 PM

Hi Alan,

I don't know how others feel, but I've never felt that I needed to get permission to answer a questionnaire before! Don't know what advice you've been given, but I wonder if this is overkill?

We have had links to surveys in the past, often done with something like surveymonkey or google forms - you might find you get a better response that way. Not sure many have the time to email you for a copy of the survey.

We generally advise members not to post their phone numbers, and while I appreciate why it's in the letter, you might want to think about remove it - all these posts are publicly available.

Best of luck with the research.

#3 Alan Townsend

Alan Townsend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 10:07 AM

It's mainly to do with ethics, gaining informed consent etc. we have to cover our bases as dissertations are a nightmare. I've looked at survey monkey but the structure doesn't suit my questionnaire.

Not sure what other survey sites are available ill look into google forms.

#4 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,546 posts

Posted 23 February 2012 - 06:08 PM

Alan has now sorted out a Google form for his survey. Only takes a minute or two to fill in and I'm sure the findings will be of interest to all of us - survey is here.

#5 Alan Townsend

Alan Townsend

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 15 March 2012 - 01:18 PM

Sorry for not doing this earlier, had assignments coming out of my ears..the joys! Just wanted to say a massive thank you to everyone who took my survey, it's been a great help and provided me with a lot of useful data to aid my study.
So once again thank you!

Alan.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users