16 replies to this topic

#16 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:46 PM

Depending on what the 'stengthening' actually entails (and I tend to agree with Nick's suggestion) this could conceivably mean that after 2013 the Ofqual approved Certificate versions of IGCSE might be perceived as 'more accessible' than GCSE!

b***** me, you're right - and perhaps this was Gove's plan all along. O level by the back door?

kewl! The board auto censored my potty mouth!

Edited by Ed Podesta, 26 February 2012 - 08:47 PM.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#17 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 27 February 2012 - 05:38 PM

The thing that depresses me is that there has been so much change over the last few years that it is impossible to see any time in the future when we will be left alone. I am so bored of having to write and rewrite things/explanations for options evenings etc...
Also, the only part of Edexcel MWH that I can see where they don't examine the whole (content) of the course (discounting paper 1 discussed above) is the source paper where it focusses on one topic. Does this mean that the paper will be on random, unrelated sources to cover the content, or will there be more emphasis on the 'own knowledge' bit?

Jane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users