3 replies to this topic

#1 alisoncav

alisoncav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 07:29 PM

Hi all,

We are in the process of having a new school built and we have to suggest how our department will look. Also what is our wish list. So I ask you if you could design your best history department from scratch what would it look like, open plan, folding walls etc and what would it have?
All ideas appreciated the more random the better, well if you don't ask you don't get?!
Thanks

#2 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:32 PM

Hi all,

We are in the process of having a new school built and we have to suggest how our department will look. Also what is our wish list. So I ask you if you could design your best history department from scratch what would it look like, open plan, folding walls etc and what would it have?
All ideas appreciated the more random the better, well if you don't ask you don't get?!
Thanks

oooh! exciting!:)

I'd avoid open plan, though I would really like a central open area for doing things like role play / putting on exhibitions / filming stuff etc.

Classrooms with chairs and tables that can be moved into lots of differnt configurations.

'leccy and network points in the floor.

Whiteboards and display boards on those rails that can be moved around / taken down so you can have them if you want them.

put the burglar alarm detectors at a low enough height that you can stick things that come down from the ceiling without setting them off.

erm,

lots of light, and decent blinds

AIR CONDITIONING! !! !

good sound proofing and speaker system

projector 'natch.

little cupboard where you can hard wire in a DVD player, PC etc, so you don't have cables strewn all over the place!.

Shelving!

nothing to do with bean bags or relaxation areas (I'm getting too old).

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#3 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 26 February 2012 - 08:33 PM

Can you tell I teach in a (well cared for) portacabin?

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#4 alisoncav

alisoncav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 06:57 AM

Can you tell I teach in a (well cared for) portacabin?

Thanks for your ideas. Some of those ports cabins are quite nice!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users