• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Dom_Giles

Dom_Giles

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 09:56 PM

As I teach to the AQA syllabus for A level I was just looking at our main text book written by Nelson Thornes. They advertise online help and extra resources under the name "Kerboodle". I've just had a look at the website but I was wondering if anyone subscribes to this and whether it's worth it. The website isn't overly helpful in showing me what I'd get of the money.

http://www.kerboodle.com/

Edited by Dom_Giles, 28 February 2012 - 09:57 PM.

Thinking is SO important Baldrick. What do YOU think?
I think thinking is SO important, my Lord.

#2 Mark H.

Mark H.

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 943 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 06:33 AM

We subscribed to this early on. We had lots of technical problems in developing individual log-ins for the students which between them our technicians and Kerboodle's people couldn't seem to sort out, much to my frustration. As a result we ended up wasting a year's subscription and we haven't bothered again, even though we use the Nelson Thorne textbooks for GCSE. I must admit that my memories of the content are a bit hazy but I seem to recall that I wasn't that bowled over. They have probably developed it significantly since then. They don't seem to promote the system as heavily as they once did.

Edited by Mark H., 29 February 2012 - 06:34 AM.

In memory of my boyhood hero Jim Clark (1936-1968): 'Chevalier Sans Peur et Sans Reproche'.

#3 CD McKie

CD McKie

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 02:57 PM

I got suckered into subscribing to Kerboodle when it first came out. In the end, I found it pretty useless; it may have improved since, of course.
To you who call yourselves men of peace, I say: You are not safe unless you have men of action on your side.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users