3 replies to this topic

#1 Cait

Cait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 10:22 PM

Hi
I am a working in a single teacher department and trying to get the hang of Controlled Assessment
I am in N Ireland and doing the CCEA course

the first question pupils have is

1. Explain why many Americans supported their counties involvement in Vietnam 1954-1968.

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance on what key areas they would include in this answer
so I can check what I have covered.

Thanks so much :)

#2 caldwell

caldwell

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 315 posts

Posted 29 February 2012 - 08:03 PM

Hi
I am a working in a single teacher department and trying to get the hang of Controlled Assessment
I am in N Ireland and doing the CCEA course

the first question pupils have is

1. Explain why many Americans supported their counties involvement in Vietnam 1954-1968.

I would really appreciate if anyone can give me some guidance on what key areas they would include in this answer
so I can check what I have covered.

Thanks so much :)

Hi Cait

Obviously the CCEA expectations are different from other boards. I can help with the assessment expectations but as We do JFK I can't give specific help. Are you just starting this with Year 12? I would reconsider that timetable next year .
However get in touch with the CCEA history rep , C McAuley at CCEA. She will come and see you if you haven't attended the moderation meetings.

Also she could help connect you with other schools teaching the option you have picked.

If you want more info , please send a personal message and I will help as much as I can (I am an HoD in NI and exam with CCEA)

It is hard enough doing this in a department with 3 GCSE teachers!!!
:)

#3 Oli76

Oli76

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 08:49 PM

Hi I am a teacher in N I too under the CCEA Examining Board and I am planning to change from my usual topic for next year's CAT from JFK to Vietnam. I have only ever taught JFK and would appreciate any help or advice on Vietnam for researching it etc.I feel at a disadvantage as it is completely new to me and I am a 1 person dept too.
The questions are:

Explain the ways in which many famous figures in America opposed the war in Vietnam in the period 1965 –1973. [15]

2.Source A claims that ‘the loss of support at home completely undermined the US attempt to stay in Vietnam’.

Using all the evidence you have studied (including representations and interpretations), how far do you agree with this interpretation that the anti-war movement in America was the most important reason for the change in American policy in Vietnam after 1968? [35]

#4 Cait

Cait

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

hey this vietnam topic looks much more straight forward than last years I will keep you up to date of resources I use in SEpt time :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users