6 replies to this topic

#1 Gideon Leventhall-Airley

Gideon Leventhall-Airley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 08:58 PM

Hey there all.
Just having a wonder with some colleagues how many forum members were also tweeters. We were chatting via twitter and came to theconclusion that there needs to be a UK history teacher hashtag that would be easy to follow and include. There are quite a number who are filtered into the hashtag #historyteacher. This is a fairly generic international rather than uk based tag. Perhaps we could start a UK tag. I'd love to have some comment / encouragement / critical comment on the idea......
#ukedhist
#historyeduk
#heuk
Please follow @leventhall and we'll get a good conversation / comment / ideas for history going.
Hope your all having a great Easter break and revving forthe final push for the year.

Gidz

#2 Gideon Leventhall-Airley

Gideon Leventhall-Airley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 09:08 PM

While I remember (and should have added before),..... there are some amazingly create uses of twitter in the classroom. I agree that there is justifiably a certain amout of trepidation with the use and mention of social media tools in the classroom but when controlled and used appropriately it can be an amazing tool. For example,
Boosting Student Engagement - My link
25 Ways to use twitter in the classroom - 25 ways
Mind Map Diagram - Mind map diagram
Twitter Applications for the Classroom - Twitter for the classroom

And more.....

;)

#3 Dan Moorhouse

Dan Moorhouse

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,547 posts

Posted 12 April 2012 - 10:35 PM

#historyteacher seems to have been overused a fair bit by a few people repeat posting recently.

Nothing wrong with any of your suggested hashtags. A few extra ideas off the top of my head:

#ukhisteach
#ukhistchat
#htdf (to connect forum members?)

#4 Ed Waller

Ed Waller

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,499 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 04:23 PM

#ukhisteach
#ukhistchat
#htdf (to connect forum members?)

#goforit Dan...
A child of five would understand this. Send someone to fetch a child of five. - Groucho Marx

#5 Dave Wallbanks

Dave Wallbanks

• Admin
  • 1,444 posts

Posted 15 April 2012 - 06:29 PM

I like Dan's #ukhisteach and think it could take off if enough people choose to use it.
There is a light and it never goes out.
Go pray in my church!
http://www.nufc.com

#6 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,311 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:49 PM

I like Dan's #ukhisteach and think it could take off if enough people choose to use it.

could we use #SHHTDF or just #HTDF for tweets related to this forum?
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#7 Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

Russel Tarr

• Admin
  • 1,369 posts

Posted 26 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

I'd still strongly encourage the use of the #historyteacher hashtag. The nature of a popular hashtag is that certain companies might jump on it, but that's unavoidable. The American equivalent is actually #sschat (social studies chat).

"Retweets" will automatically clog up any hashtag feed, but again that's the nature of the beast!

Obviously I'm biased - I'm on the international circuit anyway and I've written scripts based around that particular hashtag:

History Teachers on Twitter (a nice way of building up your network)
http://www.activehis...oryteacherlist/

Searchable Archive of Tweets (this is a particularly useful feature!)
http://www.activehis...acher/index.php

"There's an old saying about those who forget history. I don't remember it, but it's good" - Stephen Colbert

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users