3 replies to this topic

#1 nickcook

nickcook

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 01:15 PM

Hi All,

I'm currently planning a Scheme of Work unit for year 8 on Henry VIII. In particular we have decided to focus on the causes for the Break with Rome and Dissolution of the Monasteries. We're working on the basis of 3 causal themes: Power, Religion, and Money. This is really just a general plea for any lesson ideas/resources that would fit in with this topic that people are kindly willing to share. I have attached our work in progress scheme of work which is by all means flexible and any suggestions would be welcomed. Our lessons are based on 100 minutes so we have a lot of time to fill.

Many Thanks

Nick

Attached Files

#2 Alex Ford

Alex Ford

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 210 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:14 PM

You are more than welcome to have a browse of my Reformation SoW ... as yet untested and more focused on the social impact and significance of the Reformation...but may be of some use to you

https://www.box.com/...fc0b6e39d9219fd

Twitter: @apf102 @AndAllThatWeb
Web: www.andallthat.co.uk
Web: andallthatweb.wordpress.com

#3 Sarah D

Sarah D

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 06:53 PM

If you pm me i've got a load of resources looking at henry through those themes which you are more than welcome to.

#4 Sharon P

Sharon P

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 110 posts

Posted 28 April 2012 - 03:10 PM

I've got a load of resources on this topic too and SOW. If you PM me I'm happy to pass on.
Definitely worth investing in Starkey's DVD on Henry's wives. Even tho' some of the language at times is highbrow, my kids love it and many of them aren't massively academic.
Sharon

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users