• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 alisoncav

alisoncav

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:02 PM

Marking this for first time, just after some clarification. On part A how many sources is too few? One of my weaker students has used four separate ones but used one more than once is this enough to reach level 2?

#2 Ms Ali

Ms Ali

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 09:15 PM

Marking this for first time, just after some clarification. On part A how many sources is too few? One of my weaker students has used four separate ones but used one more than once is this enough to reach level 2?

Need to show evidence of having used five sources

#3 LukeMc

LukeMc

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 10:31 AM

My understanding was you needed to use five sources to reach the top level, and certainly not to reach level 2. Also that is only one aspect of what is required within the different levels. Therefore, for example, if a student produced a perfect level 4 answer but only used 3 or 4 sources, that would affect the mark that they receive within the level, not the level they got. In such a case then, the student might be awarded a lower level 4 answer .

#4 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 09 May 2012 - 04:18 PM

I have looked at my notes for marking this and I think (?) I asked this question or it was on an inset. I have 3 sources down as 'few' for level 3.
jane

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users