• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#16 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 10:29 AM

a colleague received a satisfactory because they had deviated from the lesson plan in respobnse to a pupil question! he said if that person had stuck to the lesson plan it would have been good!

I would assume that each student should be given the lesson plan, so they do not deviate from A PLAN
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#17 Jenjane

Jenjane

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 477 posts

Posted 17 May 2012 - 03:47 PM

I got a good again today by the history HMI inspector - its still elusive for me - a colleague received a satisfactory because they had deviated from the lesson plan in respobnse to a pupil question! he said if that person had stuck to the lesson plan it would have been good!

Gasp! I thought that the sign of a good, sorry, outstanding teacher was one that was flexible and would adapt on the spot to theit students' needs, and encourage enthusiasm/enjoyment of the subject? :blink:

#18 Louise OG

Louise OG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 19 May 2012 - 02:56 PM

Whereas a colleague got satisfactory because he didn't deviate when kids responses led his lesson in a different direction.

#19 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 29 May 2012 - 09:02 AM

The Mossbourne way is not the only way to be an 'outstanding' school

I thought that this was relevant here
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#20 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 11:36 AM

Well, I've just been done today. I'll see later on from the feedback session what they thought.

#21 Chouan

Chouan

Long-term Member

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 01 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

"Good". The inspector liked the lesson and told me that he found it hard to focus on his job because he was engaged by the activities. However, he thought I was slightly too ambitious.

#22 awithey

awithey

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 28 April 2013 - 10:27 AM

Having just been 'done' I have uploaded the lessons that were taught and very brief overview of the inspection:

OFSTED Page uploaded with links to my taught lessons and general observations:

http://www.historyne...ork/OfSted.html

The lesson on Dunkirk was observed and rated outstanding

Regards

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users