• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 10 June 2012 - 10:58 PM

As we move towards the 10 year anniversary of the History Teachers' Discussion forum (August 15th 2002 is the day this version of the forum was opened) the software has been upgraded to version 3.3.2 of the InvisionBoard software.

There are a few tweaks, improvements and developments but hopefully everything is relatively straightforward. We haven't updated the software for a while but I hope it will be a positive move. Please do report any issues or questions and we'll look into them. There are some features we need to explore to see if they are useful - such as the 'like' or the ability to tweet / cross-post to Facebook. We don't want to introduce anything that will be overpowering but anything that helps share teaching ideas and suggestions will be worth having a good look at.

Some of the features just make things a little easier and smarter - such as posting a link to a YouTube video will now automatically embed it into the post:

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#2 Tony Fox

Tony Fox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:45 AM

Nice clean look.
Although I am dreading February, as it looks even more like a dating site.
"A parent can bring a child into this world, but a child can bring a parent into the world to come." - from the Talmud

"Had Churchill been a stable and equable man, he could never have inspired the nation. In 1940, when all the odds were against Britain, a leader of sober judgement might well have concluded we were finished. - Anthony Storr

#3 stephanie

stephanie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

I like it! :)

@_miss_moss_

#4 Tim Johnson

Tim Johnson

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:55 AM

Hi Andrew,

The new version of the forum looks great. I also just wanted to say that having only been teaching for 9 years this site has been an amazing resource of inspiration to me. Thank you so much for creating it and thank you to all of the administrators for making it run so successfully. I know that I would be a much worse teacher if I didn't have access to this forum.

Many Thanks
Tim

#5 JohnDClare

JohnDClare

Six Star General

• Admin
  • 3,184 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:34 AM

It is rather amazing, isn't it! :)
The guy who created it and does all the IT wizardry is Andrew Field - all credit!

#6 Geoff Thomas

Geoff Thomas

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 144 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:16 PM

it looks even more like a dating site.

You mean (gulp) History isn't about dates?

#7 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

Anyone else having trouble editing their posts after submitting? I can't get any of the buttons to work at the bottom (post, use full editor or cancel) once I've started editing.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#8 Andrew Field

Andrew Field

Andrew

• Admin
  • 6,946 posts

Posted 22 June 2012 - 05:21 PM

Hi Ed - I haven't found that issue but could you let me know which browser you are using (including version) and I'll report it to the forum software people to see what they say.

Generate your own versions of my games, quizzes and eLearning activities: ContentGenerator.net

#9 Ed Podesta

Ed Podesta

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 23 June 2012 - 03:00 PM

It's happening on my macbook OS X 10.7.4 - Chrome and Firefox.

"In the past, philosophers have sought only to understand the world. The point is also to change it." - K. Marx
"Classification is exceedingly tedious" - I. Berlin

ModernWorldGcseHistory.1.gif

OneDamnThing.1.gif

Podestaorguk.1.gif

#10 Roy Huggins

Roy Huggins

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,430 posts

Posted 20 August 2012 - 08:25 PM

Hi Andy,

Its looking really good!

Kind Regards

Roy :jester:

Edited by Roy Huggins, 20 August 2012 - 08:35 PM.

"Men are disturbed, not by the things that happen, but by their opinion of the things that happen." - Epictetus

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users