• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lauren Conway

Lauren Conway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

Just seen this afternoon's paper - the kids seemed happy with it but I have a bad feeling they're going to have misunderstood some of those questions.

any thoughts?

#2 MrsCMG

MrsCMG

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 03:04 PM

i've just looked at it. i thought it was ok, the students with it. Am a little worried over employment question.

#3 Lauren Conway

Lauren Conway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 06:09 PM

I'm wondering if the examiners will be picky on the chancellor question. They clearly wanted the kids to write about the back stabbing and constant elections of chancellors wih Hindenburg, but I've a feeling that many will have written about the ways in which he gained support for the nazis, bringing them to power, concluding with him gaining the chancellor spot. I wonder if, even if the kids concentrate on the question and argue their point well, they will give any marks for this as an answer?

#4 MissKay

MissKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 10:07 AM

I thought it was a hideous exam. Really hard. A lot of our cohort will have really struggled.

Firstly, some of my class had no idea what territorial meant and so won't have scored a single mark on the Versailles question. Admittedly they are quite weak but I still think a question that asked about land would have been fairer.

I am concerned about the Chancellor question too, although it was 'why' rather than 'how' so it should included some of the why-did-people-vote-for-Hitler stuff.

I thought the two scaffolding questions at the end were both fair.

#5 Lauren Conway

Lauren Conway

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 25 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

I hope you're right about the chancellor question - I'll see what grades we get back and appeal it if necessary.

The 16 mark questions were fairly easy, I just hope they all score highly on those in order to carry some points!

I can see it being re-sit central in Jan!

#6 MissKay

MissKay

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 28 June 2012 - 01:41 PM

I have automatically entered loads of mine for the resit. :lol:

I never thought I'd say it but I'll be so relieved to go back to linear.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users